Tel: +264 812275604
E-mail: sebra@iway.na
www.sebrahunt.com

One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
quote:
ONLY 34 LEOPARD TAGS AVAILABLE FOR NAMIBIA FOR 2010

Jan, that is incorrect, it should read: only 34 leopard tags available for leopard hunts on PRIVATE owned land in Namibia for 2010.

Karl Stumpfe
Ndumo Hunting Safaris www.huntingsafaris.net
karl@huntingsafaris.net
P.O. Box 1667, Katima Mulilo, Namibia
Cell: +264 81 1285 416
Fax: +264 61 254 328
Sat. phone: +88 163 166 9264

Posts: 1333 | Location: Namibia, Caprivi | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, Carl is correct, the 34 tags were given for outfitters on private owned land.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If anyone needs a ref on Jan and his operation feel free to contact me. Been there twice and will be there again at the end of this Aug.

He, his wife Mariesje, kids and place are a little slice of heaven on this earth!!! Professional, gracious and fabulous food.

Posts: 572 | Location: Somewhere between here and there. | Registered: 28 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
Jan lives in one of the better areas for leopard on private land in Namibia, so if someone is looking for a reasonably priced leopard hunt with a great PH, this is your chance.

Karl Stumpfe
Ndumo Hunting Safaris www.huntingsafaris.net
karl@huntingsafaris.net
P.O. Box 1667, Katima Mulilo, Namibia
Cell: +264 81 1285 416
Fax: +264 61 254 328
Sat. phone: +88 163 166 9264

Posts: 1333 | Location: Namibia, Caprivi | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Between his and his father's ranches they have something like 100,000 US acres. Low mountains with an average elevation of 3400ft - all low fenced (as are most of the neighboring farms/ranches) therefore all the game is free range/fare chase and even elephant from time to time. If you use Google Earth they are near
-19 56' 44.00" S, +14 56' 57.00 E"

If you go there you or your small group will be the ONLY people there and on the property. He also has access to several other large properties in the area. Last year even though we weren't hunting leopard we cut tracks nearly every day.

Quarters are not opulent but VERY comfortable - Each room has private shower/toilet. Mariesje's cooking is excellent and Jan will bust his coconuts to get you on game.

In a way I hate to brag on them as I would like to keep them all to myself but....They are raising a family and he is putting money back into his place. Every year I go back I see the improvements he has made - they are just very good people. They are fourth generation on this property and they are building it up to stay in his family. His 10yr old son has already taken a bunch of PG - can see him in the photos on their web site. I think he took his first springbok when he was 5.

Posts: 572 | Location: Somewhere between here and there. | Registered: 28 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grafton
posted Hide Post
quote:
He, his wife Mariesje, kids and place are a little slice of heaven on this earth!!! Professional, gracious and fabulous food.

+1 tu2

Had a great hunt with Jan in 2005, will return someday.

SAFARI ARTS TAXIDERMY
http://www.safariarts.net/

Posts: 1378 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
My first safari was with Jan and family, class act, go hunt with them!

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Karl S:
Jan lives in one of the better areas for leopard on private land in Namibia, so if someone is looking for a reasonably priced leopard hunt with a great PH, this is your chance.

It is great to see one PH (and a competitor?) support another with a good recomendation. Such speaks well for both.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7545 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gratuitous Bump