New
Find
Notify
Tools

July Bongo cancellation offer
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
As with many outfitters and PH's this year, I have had a cancelation that I would like to fill. This one is for a bongo hunt. I found a new area for bongo and want to spend some more time exploring the area. I am so keen on the area I plan to go myself even if no one comes with me!
This will be a guided hunt, with myself guiding. I plan to hunt the last 2 weeks of July, 15 days in-country with ~11 hunting days. I am asking $13,000 for the hunt for all expenses except bongo or other trophy fees for any animals harvested. (see below) The area is remote and we will walk 20 kilometers the first day and then start to hunt. All hunting is on foot out of a fly camp. It will be in the rainy season to aid in tracking, which is how the bongo will most likely be found. All food, trackers, porters and transport in-country provided. You pay the hotel at each end of the hunt.
I consider it a high chance at bongo, as well as forest buffalo. There are giant forest hogs, sitatunga, red river hogs, at least 3 species of duiker and harnessed bushbuck in the zone. I have already set up permanent blinds over several significant licks and will salt them before we go in as well as build a few more. I have a small pack of 2 dogs I have used to great success.

The only charge for extra animals is the trophy fee. Here is a representative sample of the trophy costs:
animal $cost
Bongo * $4,000
Buffalo * $1,800
bushbuck/reedbuck $300
Red river/wart hogs $300
giant forest hog $500
sitatunga $1000
Yellow back duiker
Temporarily blocked
peter & other duiker $300

A number of AR members have done my hunts. References are available on my Cameroun hunts in general. If you are interested we need to get paperwork rolling ASAP, as I am off for a Congo hunt in 3 weeks and we need to get your gun import and hunting licenses. Photo available of the bongo we took in December 2010 in the same zone. I would need a deposit almost immediately, and paperwork before I leave for Congo.
Cam Greig 11240 Page Mill Road, Los Altos Hills, CA. USA 94022
cam.greig@yahoo.com +650-948-4560

Posts: 345 | Location: Cameroun, South Africa | Registered: 19 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I cant believe this is still around
Biebs and I said this goes on the same list as the Dall Sheep Hunt would love to do it but the body said: no way old man.
Please post all the pictures when this hunt is completed.
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent offer!
quote:
Originally posted by elk88101:
Please post all the pictures when this hunt is completed.

Yes please and also a report on the congo if you plan to hunt there.

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
For what it is worth, Cam is as good as they get and I can personally vouch for that. If not for July being the heart of my fishing season in Alaska, this hunt would not be listed, I would have taken it. Who ever gets it, enjoy the hunt, it will be a great one.

Frank Sanders
Alaska Trophy Outfitters

Posts: 21 | Location: Alaska Peninsula | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Frank.
I am going to go alone if no one wants to go along, as it is a great spot and we found good herds of bongo there in December. These kind of spots have mostly vanished in Africa.
camshaft

Posts: 345 | Location: Cameroun, South Africa | Registered: 19 December 2007Reply With Quote