Athina Hunting Tours
1st Floor, 106-108 High St
West Wickham
Kent
England
BR4 0ND

Email: Info@Athinahuntingtours.com or Adam@Athinahuntingtours.com

Telephone: 0044 (0) 20 8289 3322

Hosted by Diggory Hadoke (Smallbore on AR), we are putting another of our African wing shooting programmes together. This time we are focussing on using Hammer guns or other vintage doubles of the shooters choice.

The shooting will be a mixture of game birds, waterfowl and doves/pigeons. We generally average about 16-18 species in a week, and the price includes 1,500 cartridges for the week.

Shooting is a mixture of driven and walked up over dogs for the game birds. We drive some of the waterfowl and flight them also in the traditional manner. Doves and pigeons will be shot flighting into and out of the many maize and sunflower fields in the region.

Accommodation will be in single occupancy chalets with their own shower and toilet facilities. We will have our own chef in camp to produce a varied menu with plenty of opportunity to sample the mage that we will be taking through the week.

Transfers and pre arranged firearms permits are included in the price as is laundry at the camp.

The only thing not included in the price is tips and flights.

Let me know if you have any questions but here is a picture of the gun I will be taking. Hopefully to get a photo with a different type of partridge:

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
As a bit of a hammer gun enthusiast myself such a hunt is regarded as a brilliant idea! I wish you well!

May I ask something off the offered hunt topic? The first photo shows a delightful side-lever hammer gun of some quality and a few gamebirds. Now, even paging through my South African bird books I fail to identify them - please tell me what they are?

Andrew McLaren
Professional Hunter and Hunting Outfitter since 1974.

http://www.mclarensafaris.com The home page to go to for custom planning of ethical and affordable hunting of plains game in South Africa!
Enquire about any South African hunting directly from andrew@mclarensafaris.com

After a few years of participation on forums, I have learned that:

One can cure:

Lack of knowledge – by instruction. Lack of skills – by practice. Lack of experience – by time doing it.

One cannot cure:

Stupidity – nothing helps! Anti hunting sentiments – nothing helps! Put-‘n-Take Outfitters – money rules!

My very long ago ancestors needed and loved to eat meat. Today I still hunt!

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Andrew,

Those are actually English red legged Partridges. My point was actually the gun and I wondered if I may have confused the issue so I apologise!!

The Gun is my 16b Holland Sidelever hammer gun. It has 30" Damascus barrels and shoots like a dream.

People often see me carrying it on a driven day and ask me if I ever shoot with it, and are astounded when I tell them it is my go to gun. I would love to take it to Africa but need to get some smith work done on it before I subject it to such stresses of a couple of thousand shells in a week.

We have 3 interested in this hunt now, so 3-4 spaces left.

Rgds,
Kiri

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote