THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    HIPPO ON LAND FOR 2021 PLUS CROC/PG Any interest?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HIPPO ON LAND FOR 2021 PLUS CROC/PG Any interest?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Muchinga Adventures/Johnny and Laura duPlooy have the Chifunda GMA on the Luangwa river in Zambia. Chifunda is a fantastic area for all manner of game but the terrain is very conducive to hunting a hippo on land. Back from the river there are quite a few shallow pans of water where the old bulls like to go for some solitude. In the late season the hippo are often in the shallow channels leading to the river. In both instances it allows for making a stalk and some very exciting shooting.

Up until Johnny getting Chifunda he would not even entertain a dedicated hippo on land. He now is very confident of success on a dedicated hunt.

BTW: The Luangwa is loaded with hippo and croc. I've personally seen 300 hippo in one pool there and 34 crocs on one bait. Expect 24"-26" on hippo tusks and 12'-13' on the croc.

Pricing:

5 DAYS 1X1 $3,950 (add days $650 each)
CONCESSION FEE $1,500
LICENSING $1,500

Extras:

Dip/pack $1,650
In country transportation

Trophy fees:

Hippo $2,950 (this is way less expensive than Zimbabwe)
Crocodile $2,750 (Also way less expensive than in Zim)
Puku $950
Cookson's wildebeest $3,500 (unique to the Luangwa)
Kudu $2,600
Bushbuck $950
Impala $350
Warthog $850
Baboon $150
Grysbok $850
Hartebeest $1,950

Call me for this quick and very exciting DG hunt.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13015 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
What else can be hunted?

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was there July 2019 and shot 2 hippo on land and my hunting partner shot one on land. TONS of hippos and crocs. Anout the only thing we did not see was eland. Fantastic area

Posts: 718 | Location: va | Registered: 30 January 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Up until Johnny getting Chifunda he would not even entertain a dedicated hippo on land. He now is very confident of success on a dedicated hunt.

I wonder why?

Was it because they were non on land?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68770 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Mark hi, Don't follow what you say about this being way less than Zim. If I add up the various parts it works out at a $ 10-11 k hippo hunt. Pretty much on par with Zim.

Or did I miss something.

Would be interesting if you could shoot two or three in the 5 days, then it would be good bang for the buck.

Cheers

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2327 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Charlie,

If you look at the ad I put the blurb about it being less expensive than Zim right on the same line as the trophy fee. A quick look at a well known Zim operator shows a trophy fee of $5,000 for hippo. That is $2,000 more than a hippo on this hunt.

Two hippo can be taken. The 2nd hippo is at 150% of the first or $4,425 and still less than a Zim hippo.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

Posts: 13015 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

In my experience on the Luangwa lower down in the river than Chifunda the only time you saw hippos on land in daylight was right at dawn when they returned to the river from feeding. We tried in Lower Lupande many years ago and it was impossible to determine bulls from cows as all you could see was a big blob headed for the water. They would hall out on the sand but it was impossible to get close enough to have a real gun battle with one.

I asked Johnny about a hippo on land when we were there in 2012. He had Chanjusi and Nyaminga at that time and he was quite emphatic that a hippo on land would be an exercise in futility.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
Additional available species and trophy fees added.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Hi Mark,

Is this doable in 5 days or would additional days need to be added for the hippo/croc combo.

What is the schedule (what month) time wise for this?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1627 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana338:
Hi Mark,

Is this doable in 5 days or would additional days need to be added for the hippo/croc combo.

What is the schedule (what month) time wise for this?

If they have hippos sleeping in the forest like in some parts of Tanzania, you could shoot a couple of hippos a day!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68770 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hunted there in Nov., lots of hippo and crocs. I will be going back in June and when Mark offered a hippo on land, I jumped on it. Way more fun than shooting them in the water.

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
The enticing thing about the Luanga is the endemic species.

Cookeson Wildebeast
Puku
Chobe Bushbuck

The baboons of the Luanga are even weird, I think they are a hybrid between the baboons in Southern Africa and the Baboons of Equatorial Africa.

You can hunt Sharpes Grysbok in Zimbabwe though.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hunted in Zambia last year with the Du Plooys through Mark albeit in a different area. Cant recommend them all highly enough. Hunting was first class but more importantly so was the organisation. Trophies were home without a hitch after 6 months. :-)

Alex Nielsen

Posts: 66 | Location: Europe | Registered: 15 June 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Add days $650 each.

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i found chifunda to be full of hippo and croc to0oik a 30' bull there

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote