THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Late season open dates, hectic buffalo hunt discounts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Late season open dates, hectic buffalo hunt discounts
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of martin pieters
posted
Guys, like many Zim operators we have commitments to council and wards, we need to sell a minimum # of days to not only survive, but to be able to keep ' giving back ' in the form of education, anti poaching and concession management.

I have several open dates for buffalo and as most of you know, late season in the Omay is excellent.

7 day buffalo
Daily rate $ 5300
Includes VAT and 2 % tax

Trophy fee $ 3750

Total $ 9050

2nd buffalo bull @$ 4000

Total for 7 days ( 2 trophy buff ) $ 13 050

If a second hunter wants to come along he can pay an observer fee of $ 250/ day and hunt a bull.

This would put a total for 2 hunters for a buffalo each @ $ 14 800

OR $ 7 400 each includes taxes/ VAT

Extras

Road transfers $ 400
Dip/ pack $ 550

Cheers

Martin
+ 263 778121842
martinpieterssafaris@gmail.com

** For open dates only 2016 **

www.martinpieterssafaris.com

" hunt as if it's your last one you'll ever be on"

Posts: 639 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hard to beat that my bud. There was a thread somewhere about 20k buff. That's a hard to beat deal!

Posts: 26 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 21 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And with one of the best!

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What size could be expected? At such a price you start to consider to get a higher loan on the house...

One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
Wow!

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
no limit on size, although realistically on a 2 x 1 ( 7 day Hunt ) hard bossed 37" plus would be an expected trophy.
Bigger are possible obviously as the area is 2 million acres and luck plays a part

One of Us
posted Hide Post
now I'm wishing I hadn't drawn that elk tag for New Mexico. I'd be all over this.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
May be awhile before folks see a deal like this two buffalo deal again. For someone wanting to do their first buffalo hunt, goodness me, this is hard to beat. With everything going on regarding hunting in Africa now is the time to go. This is a no regrets deal in my view.

Mike

Posts: 21212 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 500nitro
posted Hide Post
Heck of a deal!

Harris Safaris
PO Box 853
Gillitts
RSA 3603

www.southernafricansafaris.co.za
https://www.facebook.com/pages...=aymt_homepage_panel

"There is something about safari life that makes you forget all your sorrows and feel as if you had drunk half a bottle of champagne." - Karen Blixen,

Posts: 1069 | Location: Durban,KZN, South Africa | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Guys,
I have spent a number of days hunting the Omay with Martin and there is no wilder country in Zimbabwe. I took two of my best buffalo there. A great opportunity at a super price!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bloody hell if I wasn't already booked this would have got me!!

No doubt this will go fast and to the lucky hunters a report would be great popcorn

Posts: 623 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanamrm:
Guys,
I have spent a number of days hunting the Omay with Martin and there is no wilder country in Zimbabwe. I took two of my best buffalo there. A great opportunity at a super price!

I'll second that it's remote and wild. I had a great experience hunting the Omay with Martin's company.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12540 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
That's almost to good of a deal to pass up. What would the daytime temperatures be?

Posts: 2328 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Temps vary in the valley, August through October, dry, zero humidity with no rain.
Daytime temps around 37C.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Mart, I have a couple of guys out of Australia, can I call you tomorrow?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perfect thanks Chris.

One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
That's a great deal,

37c my forehead started sweating just reading it.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Martin,

how much extra for three more days (10 day hunt)?

I have been in the Omay in October and November. It is just like coastal Louisiana in July and August only cooler at night and less humidity in the Omay.

Like bwanamrm and Frank I have enjoyed some very good hunts in the Omay.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike $ 750/ day for every extra day

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
Martin what dates are available? And where would I need to fly into?

Posts: 2328 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have several dates from mid July through November, email me on martinpieterssafaris@gmail.com and I will run through your preferences

Cheers
Mart

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
Thanks, email sent.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's a deal. I'm getting to the point that any mature buffalo is a worthy trophy and this is the most affordable hunt I've seen in some time.

Posts: 10010 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
That's a deal. I'm getting to the point that any mature buffalo is a worthy trophy and this is the most affordable hunt I've seen in some time.

Lavaca

we may need to talk--I am going 0ver anyway on personal business-

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain
TANSTAAFL

www.savannagems.com A unique way to own a piece of Africa.

DSC Life
NRA Life

Posts: 3386 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 05 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Mart,

How many slots have you got open?

Chris

One of Us
posted Hide Post
DAMN IT Martin if I wasn't going to Moz I'd be there, fingers crossed you can come up with that for 2017 and I'll see you again in late September/October

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote