THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    DISCOUNTED TROPHY ELE plus "OWN USE" IN THE CAPRIVI
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DISCOUNTED TROPHY ELE plus "OWN USE" IN THE CAPRIVI
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Folks,

The Southern African hunting season is fast approaching and has started in several locations. Karl Strumpe/Ndumo safaris finds himself with 2 trophy bull elephant and two "Own Use" elephant still unspoken for. We can discount these hunts significantly as they need to go. Namibia and RSA are now the only countries that US,F&W will issue an import permit for elephant.

Hunts can be conducted from either of his Communal area camps Sobbe or Sikunga with good dates for either.

Sobbe 1-27 May,'16 or 14-30 Nov,'16

Sikunga 14 Sept-5 Nov, '16

Pricing:

Sobbe trophy bull, realistic expectations 38#-55# 1x1 14 days $38,000 was $48,500 (fully exportable and importable to US)

Sikunga trophy bull realistic expectations 38#-55# 1x1 14 days $40,000 was $48,500 (fully exportable and importable to US)

"Own Use" elephant either area 1x1 8 days $14,500 was $16,500 (no part of these elephants is exportable) (SOLD)

These prices are all inclusive from airport pick up to drop off at hunt's end.

Extras:

2nd gun permit
Observer $250 per day
Hotels before or after the safari as necessary
Dip/pack/documentation/shipping of trophies
International travel
All insurances

Call me anytime for further details and to answer your questions.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12866 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark please explain "Own Use".
Thanks

Posts: 1613 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Non-Trophy and Non-Export Bull

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1284 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Zephyr,

TBD hit the high points of "Own Use". Having said that it is a real elephant hunt in every respect except you do not get to take anything home. It actually is even less expensive than a trophy hunt than it appears on the surface as you pay no dip/pack, documentation or trophy shipping.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

Posts: 12866 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I have done 2 of these own use bull hunts. I would much rather do this than shoot a cow elephant for near the same price in Zim. Karl has a huge number of elephants and I would venture to say it's as near a slam dunk success as you will find. If I hadn't just bought a new farm, there would be 1 less elephant for sale.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13147 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Second gun permit?

Posts: 541 | Location: Mostly USA | Registered: 25 March 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ongwe,

A permit to bring two guns is more expensive than just one.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark, for an ele hunting noob, can you explain what constitutes a non-trophy specimen? I hope to hunt elephant in the next few years and was considering a tuskless hunt in Zim, but this may be appealing.

NRA benefactor life member
SCI life member
DSC life member

Posts: 242 | Location: Springfield, MO | Registered: 09 September 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
I have taken an "own use bull" with Karl (2013). It usually means a mature bull who has non-trophy tusks, most often due to one or both being broken off. A true ele hunt in every sense of the term.

In days past a non-trophy Ele had tusks weighing less than 50# per side, as that was the record book minimum qualification. Many now consider anything over 40# to be a trophy class Ele.

On that same hunt, Beau took his first trophy bull Ele. We used our 500NE doubles for our Ele on this hunt. We enjoyed the hunt with Karl, which included a Zebra for Beau and a Roan for me. Camps and food were very good and Karl maintains a good staff.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Custom,

An 'Own Use" elephant in Namibia is a bull having less than 70# of ivory total or no one tusk over 40#. With broken tusks this could equal a very big elephant. It also can be a bull with genetically small tusks or a younger bull. Finally it could be a cow but the operators prefer to not shoot the cows for obvious reasons.

Not to take anything away from the adventure had by those that have pursued tuskless cows but in my mind this "Own Use" hunt is a far more satisfying hunt than pursuing a tuskless which can be quite a small animal.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com