Find
Notify
Tools

Cull Hunt - Limpopo South Africa
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Cull package from One on One Safaris for 2016

The hunt will take place in the Waterberg Mountains in the Limpopo Province, South Africa. You will be the guest of Anton and Sharyn le Roux at One on One Safaris. Anton will be your outfitter (Outfitter Permit Number – CPM-005-00065) and guide (Professional Hunter Number – CPM-004-00195).

The package and values are as follows;

• 10 days hunting for 2 hunters with 1 guide @$250 per hunter per day = $5000
• 2 Kudu Bulls @ $800 ea = $1600
• 4 Impala Rams @ $120ea = $480
• 4 Blesbuck @ $140ea = $560
• 2 Blue Wildebeest @ $400 = $800
• 2 Zebra @ $700 = $1400
• 6 Warthogs @ $90ea = $540
• 2 extra days hunting days free of charge
• Day of arrival and day of departure are not charged (so you will spend a total of 14 days with us)
• Total Value - $10 380

These are cull animals - not trophy! All animals not taken in the package will be refunded at the package prices.

Daily Rates Include the following;
Full board accommodation & soft Drinks
Beer and liquor in moderation
Laundry Services
Professional Hunter Fees
Skinners & Guides
Transfers ex-Jhb International
Transfers between hunting locations

Daily Rates Exclude the following;
Air Charters
Taxidermy Fees
Trophy Fees
Travel Insurance & Medical Evacuation

If you have any questions about our Safari you are welcome to contact the following clients;

Justin Shaffer – sillysnipe@aol.com
Brent Adcox – b_adcox@yahoo.com
Don Ramey – ranger.ramey@gmail.com
Tom van Diepen – tvandiepen@farmersagent.com
Matt Moore – Matt.Moore@akrehab.com
Gary Bergen – gjbergen1@msn.com

For any queries please contact Anton or Sharyn le Roux at anton@oneononesafaris.co.za or call 0027 (0)14 721 0996.

Sharyn le Roux
0027 (0)14 7219905
sharyn@oneononesafaris.co.za
www.oneononesafaris.co.za

Posts: 37 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 20 July 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I assume nothing exported?

Can you give an indication of size of property?

Thanks,

Russ

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2928 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
Hello Anton,

Interesting offer. Should be great for someone who wants to do a lot of shooting. I sure enjoyed hunting with you this May for the small cat package you offered.

Say hello to Sharyn and the kids.

Tom

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 985 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
How large is the property being hunted? If multiple properties please provide size info. on the various properties.

Thanks

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2305 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just to clear this up for my simple mind, is the "total value" the price for the cull hunt for two hunters, minus any animals not shot at the above published rates?

How much for 3 hunters with the same number of animals? Or, with the same animals times 1.5?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I realize a poster may not be able to check his ads in here everyday, but it's been a week and I've had no response. I'd like an answer.

The reason for the 3 hunters question is that I have 2 children (currently 16 and 21) that hunt and I'd like to know what the charges would be for me to bring both of them along with me.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
I was wondering the same thing re: my question regarding the size of the property to be hunted. Makes me wonder why someone in the business of selling hunts wouldn't respond to potential customers.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2305 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
I realize a poster may not be able to check his ads in here everyday, but it's been a week and I've had no response. I'd like an answer.

The reason for the 3 hunters question is that I have 2 children (currently 16 and 21) that hunt and I'd like to know what the charges would be for me to bring both of them along with me.

Send him an email - anton@oneononesafaris.co.za

I have corresponded via email with Anton and he was very responsive.

Posts: 179 | Location: USA | Registered: 28 September 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good idea accipiter 1. Most outfitters are really busy and don't have the time to spend here like some of us who "check it out" several times per day. Smiler I use the email route with several outfitters and get way better response time than here on AR. I know it's hard for us AR diehards to realize we are only a drop in the Ocean sometimes, but it really is a fact.

Larry Sellers
SCI(International)Life Member

quote:
Originally posted by accipiter1:
quote:

Send him an email - anton@oneononesafaris.co.za

I have corresponded via email with Anton and he was very responsive.

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I didn't place the ad on AR, he did. I don't think I should have to chase him down to answer some simple questions about his hunt ad.

Nor do I expect him or anyone to " 'check it out' several times per day, specifically, over a week elapsed between my questions and my follow up. I think that checking responses to an ad THAT HE PLACED once a week is certainly not "several times a day", nor is it onerous.

The ad was placed on the 7th July. So far, to date, 18 days later there has been no response not only to my, but other questions. "Several times a day" indeed.

As discussed in the African hunting forum, times may be getting hard in the African hunting industry, there are many outfits in SA and Namibia that will answer questions on AR AFTER they placed an ad. I don't think expecting this poster to do so in a reasonable time frame is out of line.

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It never ceases to amaze me with some members here on how PH's can do no wrong. Oh they are busy, hard working, out in the bush, etc.

I am not saying that a PH should be expected to answer an inquiry right away but 19 days.....come on now! The guy is in RSA not in the middle of nowhere in the CAR. He probably has an I Phone in his pocketSmiler

Be that as it may, the only person getting hurt here is the PH himself by missing out on booking a hunt, which it looks like has happened here.

Business is business....you snooze you loose.

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I apologise for the lack of response for this week. I was on a hunt away from my area, that has no cell phone reception.

We hunt on 4 properties, totalling 40 000 acres, the sizes of the properties are as follows:
    Ranch 1 - 12 000 acres
    Ranch 2 - 11 500 acres
    Ranch 3 - 9 000 acres
    Ranch 4 - 4 800 acres

All concessions are within 30 drive from the lodge.

Regards
Anton

Sharyn le Roux
0027 (0)14 7219905

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes, the price for the hunt for two hunters and all the animals is $10 380. Any animals not taken will be refunded at the price listed. Any additional animals will be charged at the price listed.

As you are a family and will be hunting together, you can bring 3 hunters and the cost for the additional hunter will only be $200 per day.

Regards
Anton

Sharyn le Roux
0027 (0)14 7219905

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If anyone would like to upgrade any of the animals on this package to a trophy, or would like to add a trophy from our list, the price list is below:

One on One Safaris

Price List 2015
US $
Baboon $200.00
Blesbuck $400.00
Blue Wildebeest $950.00
Burchells Zebra $1 100.00
Bushbuck $900.00
Bushpig $400.00
Cape Buffalo P O R
Cape Eland $2 400.00
Caracal $400.00
Common Reedbuck $1 000.00
Crocodile P O R
Elephant P O R
Gemsbok $1 400.00
Giraffe $3 500.00
Grey Duiker $250.00
Impala $400.00
Jackal $200.00
Klipspringer $1 000.00
Kudu Less than 50inches $1 750.00
Kudu 50 - 54 inches $2 000.00
Kudu 55 - 59 inches $2 250.00
Kudu Greater than 60inches Negotiable
Leopard P O R
Lion P O R
Mountain Reedbuck $750.00
Nyala $2 400.00
Ostrich $450.00
Porcupine $380.00
Red Hartebeest $1 200.00
Steenbuck $300.00
Warthog $300.00
Waterbuck $1 900.00

Sharyn le Roux
0027 (0)14 7219905

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ Gould:
I assume nothing exported?

Can you give an indication of size of property?

Thanks,

Russ

All skins and horns can be exported. One on One Safaris will take care of the field preparation and will deliver to the local taxidermist at no additional cost. The client will then be liable for the taxidermy costs and crating and shipping.

Regards
Anton

Sharyn le Roux
0027 (0)14 7219905

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your reply and thank you even more for your generous offer regarding a 3rd family member.

I am counting my money to try to figure out if I can afford the total costs (3 airfares x about $2000 is a factor). I will contact you if I can see a way to afford it.

xxxxxxxxxx

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Gato,

I'm shopping airfare to Durban right now and consistently seeing prices around $1250 - $1500 from California.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12548 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If anyone needs a reference for Anton or his business, One on One Safaris, I would be happy to talk with you.

Sincerely,

Matt Moore

Posts: 374 | Location: Anchorage AK | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
I just booked this hunt in Sept. Should be a lot of fun.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

posted Hide Post
I have just read a notice in our local newspaper that Anton passed away suddenly of a still unknown illness on Sunday the 2nd of August.

One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
Sahu - Can you confirm that this is Anton from one on one Safaris who died? I just sent an email to his wife inquiring about him. I sure hope it's a different person.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

posted Hide Post
The article said Anton the owner of One on One Safaris so I presume it is the same person.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sahu:
The article said Anton the owner of One on One Safaris so I presume it is the same person.

Damn, that's terrible news. My sincere condolences to his family. Frowner

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the condolences, I do need to confirm that Anton passed away last week. One on One Safaris will still be here and I will honour the hunts already booked and the specials offered. The same guides that Anton would have asked to help are still available, and although we will miss Anton terribly, I can't allow our dream to die with him.

Regards
Sharyn

Sharyn le Roux
0027 (0)14 7219905

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a terrible loss. My condolences to you and your family........

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Victor Watson
posted Hide Post
My condolences Sharyn. I spoke briefly on the phone with Anton awhile ago and he was very helpful. My thoughts are with you all.

Victor

Victor Watson
Karoo Wild Safaris
Email: info@karoowildsafaris.co.za
Cell: (+27) 721894588
www.karoowildsafaris.co.za

Posts: 382 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
My condolences to you all.
Tom, my friend ( twoseventy ) was telling me what a great hunt he had with Anton in May for small cats hunt.
My deepest sympathies...
Anything anyone of us can do, don't hesitate Sharyn

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sad news. God's peace and healing to your family.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
Sharyn, so sad about Anton. Janet and I are just sick. Praying for you and the kids. Pierre wanted to be just like him, he told me.

Tom and Janet

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 985 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Shukaree
posted Hide Post
Our Condolences Sharyn, May God grant you strength and Peace.

To hunt, fish and tell only the truth.

Posts: 134 | Location: Brisbane Australia | Registered: 25 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Shukaree
posted Hide Post
Booked for September 2016

To hunt, fish and tell only the truth.

Posts: 134 | Location: Brisbane Australia | Registered: 25 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will say that I had wonderful times hunting with Anton, meeting his family and learning as much as I did about the wildlife, flora, and local culture. He had a boundless enthusiasm for wildlife and nature. His true love was his family and his country.

I am confident that Sharyn will continue to do the same fantastic job of booking, organizing and running One on One Safaris that she always has.

Sincerely,

Matt Moore

Posts: 374 | Location: Anchorage AK | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote