Rifle hire $360
First preparation of trophy $600
Trophy documentation, shipping and packing

Extra trophies possible

2nd moose $8,000
Kolma snow sheep $11,000
Brown bear $5,000+ CITES
Caribou $3,000

Getting there: fly from Moscow to Magadan, charter flight to Omolon, from here 4 hours by boat to base camp. After that each hunter will hunt individually with his guide out of smaller fly camps, along the river systems accessed by boat.

For sure a true adventure looking for some like minded souls to join me for 2020 Fall. Only 6 spots per Group and 2 groups a year. Already pretty booked up.

Thanks,

Arjun Reddy
www.huntersnetworks.com
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
Tel: +1 845 259 3628
2019, DSC booth # 1222
2019, SCI booth # 4209

Posts: 2539 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a friend the speaks fluent Russian and had spent several years in Magadan.

How much to bring along my personal translator.

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
$3,300 + heli charter of $1200

quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
I have a friend the speaks fluent Russian and had spent several years in Magadan.

How much to bring along my personal translator.

Posts: 2539 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Love the size of those palms, on moose.First time I've seen caribou included in a russian hunt,are they migratory in the area? Btw what would be the cost to ship a split pair of moose horns to the east coast ? Ballpark figure ?

Posts: 370 | Location: northcentral mt | Registered: 25 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Caribou are migratory and a target of opportunity. A bear skin costs about $1,000 packing and shipping from Moscow, so figure about $1,500+ possibly!

quote:
Originally posted by hvrhunter:
Love the size of those palms, on moose.First time I've seen caribou included in a russian hunt,are they migratory in the area? Btw what would be the cost to ship a split pair of moose horns to the east coast ? Ballpark figure ?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
reddy375
Is this hunt all on foot ? Is the meat salvage and does anybody speak english

Posts: 370 | Location: northcentral mt | Registered: 25 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its a boat based hunt to cover ground, looking for moose, calling. The guides know the area so they will go to their sweet spots and hunt then move on depending on whats going on. But of course you have to walk as well. The guides speak a few words of english, it would help to know a few key hunting words in Russian to get by. in the base camp there will be an english speaking person.

This is a hunt for people who like wild places and adventure. If you need a lot of hand holding this is probably not the moose hunt for you.

quote:
reddy375
Is this hunt all on foot ? Is the meat salvage and does anybody speak english

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am interested in a spring bear hunt in that Area. Do you do one? How much Etc.

Posts: 68 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ask a few basic questions and you come back with a hand holding comment.Btw I've done my far share of russian hunts and others.So we are off to a bad start and will pass on this.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sir, I am sorry if you took it that way, I realize I replied to you but my comment wasn't directed at YOU. I was just making a comment in general. I would far rather under sell a hunt than over sell it. I recently had a client who shot a massive Lord Derby eland, buff, roan and a bunch of other stuff and he came back upset that his eggs were not cooked properly and there were no books for him to read and everyone spoke French in a French speaking country!

quote:
I ask a few basic questions and you come back with a hand holding comment.Btw I've done my far share of russian hunts and others.So we are off to a bad start and will pass on this.

One of Us
Picture of Sarg
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by reddy375:
Sir, I am sorry if you took it that way, I realize I replied to you but my comment wasn't directed at YOU. I was just making a comment in general. I would far rather under sell a hunt than over sell it. I recently had a client who shot a massive Lord Derby eland, buff, roan and a bunch of other stuff and he came back upset that his eggs were not cooked properly and there were no books for him to read and everyone spoke French!

Im a PH/Guide & that made me laugh lol !

Posts: 461 | Location: New Zealand - Australia - South Africa | Registered: 14 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sarg!! And I thought you were dead Smiler

Posts: 51 | Location: Australian living in Ukraine | Registered: 14 November 2009Reply With Quote