New
Find
Notify
Tools

DISCOUNTED MOOSE & MOOSE/GOAT COMBO for '16
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

Kelly Vrem/Rough and Ready Guide Service has had two moose cancellations for the '16 season. Kelly has been in business since '78 and sits on the Alaska Big Game Commercial Services Board. There is no more experienced outfitter in Alaska. his moose area is extremely remote in the Wrangell Mountains and only accessible by horseback. The hunting is very good. Expectation on the moose should be high 50's to 70 inches and a good mature billy if you can do the climb.

Jumping off place is Chitna that can be reached by rental car or charter from Anchorage. Kelly will pick you up there and ferry you into base camp with his plane. From base camp you will spike out by horseback 45 minutes to 4 hours dependent on which camp you are hunting from. The hunt itself is all on foot so a fair physical condition will be an asset.

Pricing and dates:

Moose 1x1 9 days Sept 10-18 $15,500 WAS $18,500 This hunt is in the absolute height of the rut offering the very best chance at a monster bull.

Moose/goat combo 1x1 14 days Aug 27-Sept 9 $19,500 WAS $24,000

EXTRAS:

Wrangell/St. Elias National Park and Preserve fees 3%
Alaska Non-Resident Hunting Preservation Fund $150
Alaska Hunt Record Activity Report $50.00

Contact me anytime to discuss this one.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12867 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
My daughter and I (as observer) were in the camp this past fall. Emmy was hunting grizzly and flew out to a spike camp after a couple of days hunting from the main camp. I remained there for a couple of days (before I flew out and went fishing) and got to meet three moose hunters returning from successful hunts.

My impressions:
1. Excellent and well cared for horses and tents, etc. That's says a lot about an outfitter.
2. Knowledgeable, hardworking guides with fun personalities
3. Basic food, but very well prepared (and plenty of it)
4. 100% shooting opportunities at better than average moose with one B&C taken of the three I saw. The other two were great animals, btw.
5. Kelly is very hands on... He'll check on your progress and make a plan if your location isn't working.
6. We drove to Chitina (That's how you spell it, Mark Roll Eyes ) and it was a beautiful drive, a half day each way if you stop and smell the famous wild Alaskan roses???
7. The clients were all repeat or re-booked before they left... a very good sign.
8. The main camp is up against a huge glacier and nothing in this world is more beautiful than a fog rolling down the valley from the prehistoric ice river right above you. So cool!
9. Being fit would greatly increase your odds of success, but one of the moose hunters was 78.

Mark and his booking service made it all seemless.

BTW, Emmy got her grizzly and I drove from Chitina to Valdez during part of her hunt and caught some Silvers and halibut. Fun!

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7544 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is there a goat only hunt?

Posts: 623 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes. PM sent.

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

Posts: 12867 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ernest,

Kelly and I both appreciate your kind words. Oh! I also appreciate the spelling lesson.

THX

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com