Find
Notify
Tools

NEW MEXICO PRONGHORN
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello:

My name is Jim Welles. I own and operate JFW Ranch Consulting, LLC, with my wife Kelly at 10600 Eagle Rock Ave, Albuquerque, NM 87122. My phone number is 505.294.7861. Our e-mail address is JFWRC@comcast.net. I have been a registered outfitter in NM for 18+ years.

We currently have openings on 3 SE NM Ranches for pronghorn antelope.

The first ranch is the Rio Hondo near Roswell. We have 3 spots on this ranch. The hunt date is Oct 12-14. The ranch antelope habitat is 11,000 acres. The hunt is guided 2x1. Lodging is provided at the Rio Hondo Lodge, meals are on your own. Success last fall was 100%. This hunt is priced $2,500ea + 7% NM Tax + $65 Game License + $299 Antelope License. Will discount for all 3.

The second ranch is the 96 Ranch FKA Agua Negra 10 miles SW of Santa Rosa. This ranch is 60,000 deeded. We have 3-5 spots available on this ranch. It is guided 2x1. Lodging is at the Best Western Santa Rosa (1 room per hunter unless HW or Father Son, etc.) Meals at local restaurants. The cost of this hunt is $3,000ea + 7% NM Tax + $65 Game License + $299 Antelope License. Will discount for all 3-5.

The third ranch is the Juan de Dios 10 miles S of Santa Rosa. This ranch is 18,000 deeded. We have 2 spots available on this ranch. It is guided 2x1. Lodging is at the Best Western Santa Rosa (1 room per hunter unless HW or Father Son, etc.) Meals at local restaurants. The cost of this hunt is $3,000ea + 7% NM Tax + $65 Game License + $299 Antelope License. The picture following is a buck taken on JDD last fall.

Please call or e-mail us with questions. 505-294-7861 or JFWRC@comcast.net.

Posts: 846 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: 18 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice buck ! Is quality of goats different for each ranch ? Is this a landowner tag and can the tag be used for the whole unit or is it ranch specific? What unit or unnits are the ranched located in ?

Posts: 1194 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted with Jim and he is a top notch guy.
Go if you can.

Posts: 10153 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All Hunts are ranch only. The 2 ranches at Santa Rosa are unit 40. The Rio Hondo is 32. We've had several trophies harvested from Santa Rosa over the years but not as of yet from Rio Hondo-different gene pool down there.

Thank you for inquiring.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dogcat Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I might take one there jim. It depends on what my wife adds on to the trips this year. we will be out all of july and then half of September. If she decides shes adding animals onto our safaris it will push into antelope season. Im not completely sure on all our dates as of yet but if Im in the us during antelope season I will get with you. Since these hunts are in my backyard is there a possibility of getting a reduction in rates for not needing a guide?

Posts: 54 | Location: NM USA | Registered: 30 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tony-The owners of the ranches require us to guide hunters. The hunt date will be Oct 5th this year. Might work.......?

Jim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This buck was taken off the Rio Hondo in 2011. He was reported to gross at 80. Last fall did not produce anything that big......70-74 if I recall correctly.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Smoker buck Santa Rosa 2010

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This buck was taken in 2008 at Santa Rosa

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have you checked your e-mails?

Posts: 722 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes...have we neglected to answer you? We have the preferences set to receive them anyway.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sent you a note on 2/8. From jpgrego

Posts: 722 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry we didn't. Would you please e mail us at JFWRC@comcast.net. jim welles www.newmexicobiggamehunting.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jason's Rio Hondo Buck-

3 spots left at Santa Rosa, 3 spots at Rio Hondo open

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those are all exceptional goats compared to what we generally have in Wyo. I'm sure life for them is easier than our climate and for a "lifetime trophy" the price is fair.
My best here to date (2008) on public land about a mile from home. 15" which is on the high side of "good" up here.

One of Us
Picture of hunt99
posted Hide Post
Nice speed goats!

Need a little training however on trophy pics and prep!!!

A couple of baby wipes go along way towards cleaning up the gore and it would be a good idea to at least push the bloody tongue back in.

I hunt to live and live to hunt!

Posts: 299 | Location: Big Sky Country! | Registered: 19 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Real men use Sagebrush to wipe their butts not baby wipes ! (that's a joke)

Probably won't like this either. What a 80 gr TTSX does to a speed goat's interior after exiting my 1885 @3997 fps. End to end .... bang flop.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Come on guys...this doesn't help with what I'm trying to accomplish.
Please delete your pictures from my offering.
Thanks
Jim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
bump for a good outfit

Posts: 10153 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dreambuck taken back in 2008

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We still have 3 spots at Santa Rosa and 3 spots at the Rio Hondo open for this coming fall. Jim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
TTT-

In negotiation for a ranch at Wagon Mound as well. This hunt will be August 24-26. Price will be slightly higher @ $3,500.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Spots still open at Rio Hondo and Santa Rosa. Thanks-Jim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have sold one of the 96 Ranch Antelope hunts as MI,meaning one of the hunters is Mobility Impaired. He will hunt August 17. As such, we have 2 spots left on this 60,000 deeded acre ranch 10 miles SE of Santa Rosa. There will only be 4 hunters on this ranch for antelope during this regular hunt. Call with questions.This hunt date is October 6-8.

Thank you AR. Jim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The remaining 2 hunts on the 96 Ranch have been sold. At this time we have the 3 Rio Hondo remaining. Thanks AR.

Jim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good Morning AR-

At this point only 2 pronghorn hunts remain on the Rio Hondo. I am willing to let both of these private land guided with lodging hunts go for $4,200 + tax. Find a buddy, grab your son, daughter, or wife and go hunt these speedgoats.

Contact us at JFWRC@comcast.net and see our site at www.biggamehunting.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
These are Sold......thanks AR-Jim