Notify
Tools

CHAD, Western African Duck Hunt Offer
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Agent: ORCHAPE ( www.orchape.com )

Website: http://browning.eu/partnerlodg...lodge-kouloudia.html

Orchape is part of the Browning Partner Lodges program. It manages a duck hunting camp in Chad.

We have availibility for duck hunters in February and March 2014.

The price is 3 890 € per hunter.

This price includes:

- 6 Hunting days
- B525 shotguns
- Accomodations and food during the hunt
- Laundry
- Assistance upon arrival

This price does not include:

- Visa
- Flights to Ndjamena
- Hunting Licence and shot gun permit
- Beverage
- Tips
- Hotel before and after the hunt
- Travel Insurance
- Ammunitions

Here is more info on the country and what you can shoot:

A former french colony of 1.2 million km2, Chad is the geographical and cultural bridge beetween
Noth Africa and Sub Saharan Africa.
The land is a wide basin surrounded by 2 crowns of mountains and plateaus.
To the north, the High mountains of Tibesti (Emi Koussi volcano stands at 3,415m). To
the east, the Ouassaï plateau reaches 1,360m. the lowest area (280m) is filled by Lake Chad. Chad’s hunting treasure today is the migrating ducks.
Kouloudia hunting area : 340 000 ha on the South-East Coast of Lake Chad. This area is fantastic migration point for many European ducks and African ducks and local birds as well.
Local farmers harvest crops along the lake shore and during the raining season it makes great
feeding places for ducks.

Posts: 69 | Location: Paris, FRANCE | Registered: 15 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is the best time? Also, what are the
costs for the permit? Can you bring an own shotgun? In case of the rental gun are the shotgun permut costs still needed? What is the cost for ammunition?

Many thanks
Frank

Posts: 701 | Location: Germany | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dear Sir,
The best time is February and March.
Yes, you can bring your own shotgun, the gun import permit is 70€ per gun.
In case you do not bring your gun you can use a Browning shotgun for free.
The price for ammunitions is 16 € for a box of 25 cartridges (price of ammunition is subject to change depending on the import taxes which can change).
You can also bring our own ammunitions, you are allowed to bring 5 kilos of ammunitions.
The flight to get there is Air France from Paris.
Augustin

Posts: 69 | Location: Paris, FRANCE | Registered: 15 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much for the quick response!

Posts: 701 | Location: Germany | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do you take single hunters? If not, what is the minimum group size? How many hunters are at the lodge at any given time? What dates are currently open? Is the lodge air conditioned?

Is it possible to arrange for extra days and, if so, how much?

What is the limit, or, if no limit, what is an average daily bag? Are waders needed?

Is beer or wine available?

Thank you for the posting, sounds very interesting.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This sounds interesting. If there is a minimum size party, Gato, we ought to be able to put together a party from Texas, don't you think?

I can't imagine a French operation where wine and beer wasn't available.

Some pictures would be great.

Posts: 10037 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very interesting offer!

Sorry for going a bit offtopic, but is there any big game hunting in Chad at the moment?

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dear all,

Here are the answers to Gatogordo's questions:

- The camp can take single hunter
- The minimum group size is one hunter and the maximum group size is 5 hunters
- The lodge's got AC
- Dates are open in February and March
- It is possible to add an extra day at 600 € per day
- There is beer and wine on site
- Waders are needed
- The quota is 30 ducks per hunter per duck flight so roughly 60 ducks per day plus doves, guinea fowl, sandgrouse...
- Unfortunately it is not possible to hunt big game in Chad at the moment

Chad's capital city is N'Djamena, you have to fly through Paris to get there. There is a direct flight with Air France. You can stop 48 hours in Paris on the way to visit the city or hunt around Paris (red deer, wild boar, fallow deer, mouflon, pheasant, partridge).

Here are the pictures:

You can also see more pictures here: http://www.orchape.com/fr/33_p...ie.php?lang=fr&rub=2

Thank you all for your interest.

Augustin

one of us
posted Hide Post
what about big game hunting?

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Big game hunting is not legal in Chad for the moment.

Augustin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm interested. Looks like a lot of Northern Shovelers (spoonies) and gadwalls. What species are available?

Posts: 10037 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look, the species are not that important, just wanted to know. This would be a totally over the top duck hunt.

How's the food? (I'm not picky, but not interested in spoonie anything)
What about recharging of cameras, laptops, etc. Is that available? Is it solar, generator, etc.?

Pickup at airport? And is that extra?

What is a B525? I wouldn't want to bring a shotgun, but not sure what that model is?

Looks like a fine camp. Sorry to ask so many questions.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Answered my own question on B525.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm still thinking about this so I have a few more questions. How much if any is the NDJ to camp transport fee? How far is the camp from the airport and how much time is required to cover that distance? Do you use cars, trucks, or what to transport clients? Do you mean 6 full hunting days, not including arrival-departure days? Any serious indication of rebel/foreign freedom fighters or whatever you want to call them, or AQ activity in region of camp? How much is visa for Americans? Do we have to get a permit for the camp shotguns? How much is the hunting license? By "beverages" do you mean beer, wine, and spirits? Is there or is there not free beer or wine served with meals? How much are the general costs for "beverages" and does the camp have decent ones available or do we need to stock up en route? I'm not particularly interested in whisky but I would much prefer decent wines and beer.

The bottom line is that for an American, this ranks right in there, cost-wise, with a high end safari for a good duck hunt. I mean, I like duck hunting but I'm figuring minimum costs to be at least $1300/hunting day including airfare, etc which puts it waaay above what I consider normal for duck hunts. At a fraction of that figure I can put up with some deficiencies in service, camp, etc but for that price I would expect a pretty seamless experience in camp.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
To compare this to Argentina , I pay about $1,000 a day EXCLUDING airfare, charters, shells and tips
. I also kill a lot more ducks.

Regardless , I have only shot a few ducks in Africa. This could be interesting .

I would want to know about crocs and malaria.

Posts: 11995 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I can kill a lot more ducks in Argentina for a lot less than $1000 a day including airfare for the same time period, but your wallet is thicker than mine and you have champagne tastes as compared to my beer budget. Nothing wrong with that, just saying that $1000 a day is really high for Argentina.

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am sure you can.

I stay in a really nice house with 3 good meals a day being served. They clean my room, wash my clothes, and seriously clean my guns. They have about 6 guys running around checking blinds, scouting and baiting. They send 2 guys to each blind with you. However, they may well stay in the truck. The company has well over 100 blinds constructed. You may drive as much as an hour per shoot one way to the blind.

I averaged 150 ducks a day in July.

I am sure it can be done for less. I have gotten used to it.

Posts: 11995 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dear all,

Here are the species of birds you can find and hunt:

- Garganey
- Shovelers
- Pintail
- Ferruginous duck
- Hottentot teal
- Dove
- Guinea fowl
- Sandgrouse
- Common Greeshank
- Curlew
- Lesser white fronted goose
- Snipe
- Black tailed Godwit
- African whistling duck
- Egyptian geese
- Knob billed duck

There is a generator at the camp

Wine and beers are available at the camp (not included in the 3890 € package)

Someone from our team will pick you up at the aiport and the transfer to camp is included. Hotels before and after the hunt is are not included.

B525 are Browning over and under shotguns in caliber 12 and 20.

The camp is 3 hours by car from N'Djamena aiport. Depending on the flight you take you may have to spend one night in N'Djamena when you arrive before meaving for camp.

We use Toyota 4x4 on site.

Chad is the African country where you find the most French army troops so there is not risk of rebels or safety issues.

The visa for Chad is $150: http://www.chadembassy.info/#!academics/ccjp

If you use the camp shotgun you do not need permit,it is free. All we need is a copy of your passport.

Yes it is an expensive duck hunt compare to Argentina. In the meantime is it very unique and it is the only opportunity to hunt European ducks and african ducks at the same place.

I remain at your disposal if you have questions.

You can send me an email as well: info@orchape.com

Augustin

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by L'Americain:
Dear all,

Here are the species of birds you can find and hunt:

- Garganey
- Shovelers
- Pintail
- Ferruginous duck
- Hottentot teal
- Dove
- Guinea fowl
- Sandgrouse
- Common Greeshank
- Curlew
- Lesser white fronted goose
- Snipe
- Black tailed Godwit
- African whistling duck
- Egyptian geese
- Knob billed duck

There is a generator at the camp

Wine and beers are available at the camp (not included in the 3890 € package)

Someone from our team will pick you up at the aiport and the transfer to camp is included. Hotels before and after the hunt is are not included.

B525 are Browning over and under shotguns in caliber 12 and 20.

The camp is 3 hours by car from N'Djamena aiport. Depending on the flight you take you may have to spend one night in N'Djamena when you arrive before meaving for camp.

We use Toyota 4x4 on site.

Chad is the African country where you find the most French army troops so there is not risk of rebels or safety issues.

The visa for Chad is $150: http://www.chadembassy.info/#!academics/ccjp

If you use the camp shotgun you do not need permit,it is free. All we need is a copy of your passport.

Yes it is an expensive duck hunt compare to Argentina. In the meantime is it very unique and it is the only opportunity to hunt European ducks and african ducks at the same place.

I remain at your disposal if you have questions.

You can send me an email as well: info@orchape.com

Augustin

Augustin,

First of all please read our rules at the top of this forum.

I allowed your post to stand because some of our members showed interest in it.

Some have gone as far as asking questions which require answers from you.

Please answer each question completely, not partly.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67041 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry Saeed, I will answer questions with more details.
Augustin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

This pretty much answered it for me. Call me a pussy.

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
God I'd love to go.

What is this overbearing defense of life all about? Spirit of adventure dead? New horizons no longer appealing? How did going to the same place to do the same thing year after year become so valuable?

I can take more pintail and spoonies around here than I can eat but I'd love to chase them in Chad!

Posts: 9139 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
quote:

This pretty much answered it for me. Call me a pussy.

Lavaca,

no, you re not ... follow the events and you ll see that maybe soon those soldiers wont be any more welcome in Chad .....

Augustin,
if you ve ever been in this part of the world i will never say there is no risk on safety nor rebels, just look the history of the last 15 years of Chad and the neighbouring countries .....

Posts: 1742 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree with you medved, there is always a risk in this part of the world. What I meant is that the risk is limited because of the french troops presence in the region.

Augustin

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Augustin,

Why are you not answering the questions posted above by Gatogordo?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67041 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote