THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Self catered hunt in the Eastern Cape, South Africa. Not going to happen.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Self catered hunt in the Eastern Cape, South Africa. Not going to happen.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ANDREW RENTON
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cable68:
Maybe this belongs as a seperate thread in the African hunting forums, but on several hunting TV shows it looks like the PH's drop off a bowhunter in a blind and then take off. I wonder if the PH's are with them, if they aren't there in the blind with them, is this legal?

I think that would be illegal aswell,anyway to save expences than have 1 group of USA hunters of 6 come out and drop them off at a blind with sandwiches ,meatballs and crisps cooldrinks ect and fetch them that evening,saving for outfitter atleast $120 per day per client,thats a nice profit.
maybe something should be said!!!!!!!!

Posts: 51 | Location: eastern cape,south africa | Registered: 17 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I haven't examined it thoroughly but from what I have read, I don't see anything in the act that differentiates between ordinary hunters and bowhunters in that regard.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I fully agree with you Steve .. I am starting to feel like a pheasant crouching in the grass on opening day as the hordes of shotgunners and their nasty dogs are working my way .. Frowner

Posts: 1535 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scruffy:
I fully agree with you Steve .. I am starting to feel like a pheasant crouching in the grass on opening day as the hordes of shotgunners and their nasty dogs are working my way .. Frowner

jumping

Nicely put!.... and glad you didn't see my comments as an attack on you. Wink

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
But like I said and did .. the post was deleted when the question arose ...

Wasn't it deleted because it violated Saeed's rules about 3rd party offers?

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Just an observation here, but, since this activity was going to happen on Private property, behind a high fence, are the animals contained within that fence actually wild and the property of the goverment, or are they in essence Privately owned livestock?

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Provincial laws vary slightly but usually/basically, they're privately owned by the landowner and if they cross to another property they legally then become the property of that landowner but that doesn't affect the law with regard to overseas hunters hunting without a PH etc.

One of Us
Picture of cable68
posted Hide Post
The part that gets me about the bowhunting is that not only does it appear to be being done, but filmed and broadcast on TV.

The PH's may still be there, just off camera.

Caleb

Posts: 1010 | Location: Texan in Muskogee, OK now moved to Wichita, KS | Registered: 28 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Scruffy, Sorry you felt flamed. I would have to re-read every post carefully which I admit I didnt do to make sure. I dont think anyone was actually doing that. I do think that mmany of us knew that legally an overseas hunter had to be accompanied by a ph. There are many of us who would prefer to do our own thing. I actually enjoy the labour of a self-guided hunt. I also prefer to do my own spotting and stalking. Since we would have to use a ph the rest becomes secondary. It appears to me at least that Steve and others just wanted to make sure no one did something that would get them in a serious legal predicament. Now as to self catered we can do that.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by onefunzr2:
quote:
But like I said and did .. the post was deleted when the question arose ...

Wasn't it deleted because it violated Saeed's rules about 3rd party offers?

Scruffy deleted it himself.

It originally was supposed to be SELF GUIDED hunt.

He has changed that to SELF CATERED hunt.

There is a vast difference between the two.

Scruffy might not have been aware of the original offer being illegal.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66998 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Helgaard van der Vyver
posted Hide Post
Only if you get to know this 'amigo' Scruffy can you appreciate him and understand that this North American hunter ( likable breed ) lost half his heart somewhere in Africa.
Many PH's, trackers, hunting partners, friends and his woman have already realized that he does not want you to find it for him, just join him on his quest.
If the law allowed, I would gladly let him loose on my property and just check on him when I see vultures perche on the trees over his camp. Big Grin

Posts: 42 | Location: Namibia | Registered: 02 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
this North American hunter ( likable breed ) lost half his heart somewhere in Africa.
Many PH's, trackers, hunting partners, friends and his woman have already realized that he does not want you to find it for him, just join him on his quest.

Helgaard, many of us North American hunters have lost at LEAST half of our heart to your continent.

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ANDREW RENTON:
quote:
Originally posted by cable68:
Maybe this belongs as a seperate thread in the African hunting forums, but on several hunting TV shows it looks like the PH's drop off a bowhunter in a blind and then take off. I wonder if the PH's are with them, if they aren't there in the blind with them, is this legal?

I think that would be illegal aswell,anyway to save expences than have 1 group of USA hunters of 6 come out and drop them off at a blind with sandwiches ,meatballs and crisps cooldrinks ect and fetch them that evening,saving for outfitter atleast $120 per day per client,thats a nice profit.
maybe something should be said!!!!!!!!

I know of at least one 'outfit' that does just this and I have always been under the impression that such was illegal yet it is still done. The PH sits in camp monitoring radios from hunters at their blinds and stands.

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann

Unfortunately, there are more than acouple of them that does it like that, even Plainsgame hunters, left with trackers or appy's at waterholes.

I wish someone would start a list of companies that proctises like this, as I have seen numerous trophies at the Taxidermists and wondered where the trophy part came into play

Walter Enslin
kwansafaris@mweb.co.za
DRSS- 500NE Sabatti
450 Rigby
416 Rigby

Posts: 512 | Location: South Africa, Mozambique, USA,  | Registered: 09 November 2003Reply With Quote