THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Trophy Elk &/or Mule Deer for a very fair price...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trophy Elk &/or Mule Deer for a very fair price...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted
WTA EXCLUSIVE DEAL

CO Elk -Mule deer -single species or combo hunts

Rooster’s Guide Service
Worldwide Trophy Adventures booking agent Tim Herald - Tim@trophyadventures.com
859-698-9331

Here is a heck of a deal for anyone wanting a good price in a quality elk/mike deer combo, an elk only hunt or a mulie only hunt.
I did this hunt last year and I am taking a group back next year.

This is in CO near Grand Mesa on private land and family run business with great outfitter and guides. Good food and small basic cabins.

Mule deer generally average around 180 and most years they kill a really big one or two. On my elk hunt (not looking for deer) I saw a 185ish buck the first morning but didn’t have a tag. My former partner and Friend killed 190 and 203 bucks last year. This year they considered it a down year and the 7 bucks they killed averaged 180 with a few in the 170’s and a few in the 180’s. They had two missed they feel were solidly over 200”.

On the elk, when I was in camp, I took a bull the taxidermist measured at 330 (I think more like 325). The other guy is camp shot a 320. I saw 2 bulls in the 350-360 range. Bulls were bugling pretty darn well and it was 2nd season. They took a 360 on the last hunt. This year they killed a number of 300+ bulls and the biggest was 365. They had a number of sub 300 bulls killed because they have some folks who come and just want to kill an elk and shoot the first they see. These folks don’t want to really hunt hard at all. Bulls were bugling both 1st and 2nd season this year and last. 4th season they usually get some good bulls move in with colder temps that haven’t been there before. If I was going for elk only, I would want to go first season when bugling is Best or 4th season when typically some big bulls move in to winter.

2nd season good for combos.

Now for pricing:

Mule deer only - 5 hunt days:
1x1 guided $7000
2x1 guided $6000

Elk only - 5 hunt days:
1x1 guided $8000
2x1 guided $7000

Combo mule deer and elk- 7 hunt days
1x1 guided $9000
2x1 guided $8000

Elk license have been 100% draw with 0 points (I bought my 2nd season tag over the counter last year)

Deer license are a bit tougher but we drew 6 of our clients mulie tags with 0 points. If you do not draw, they have guaranteed landowner vouchers for $1000.

They don’t take more than 6 hunters during a given season and depending on if hunters are 1x1 or 2x1, it will vary from 4-6 hunters.

Me and a group of buddies have the 3rd season booked full to try to hit the first of the mulie rut.

1st season elk Only is in Oct 13-17 some spots booked with repeats
2nd season elk and mule deer Oct 20-28
3rd season Nov 3-11 - full TH group
4th season elk (limited deer) Nov 14-18

These guys can hunt but the photo taking is lacking a bit...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tim
Are the hunts after the first season over the counter tags?
Thanks

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
1st season You have to put in for draw but elk tags have been 100% draw for several years with 0 points.
2nd and 3rd elk are over the counter. Deer are about 50-60% draw with no points, but landowner tags are available for $1000.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice deer, it says limited for the 4th season for deer, does that mean the landowner tags are limited ? How many nonresident points does it require to draw a 4th season deer tag ?

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
No 4th season deer sorry. I copied that off a CO FW site. They don’t have deer tags in that period in this unit.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So if I understand correctly you could do the combo without burning any points?

Posts: 756 | Location: California | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Yes - you should draw elk with no points. You have a 50/50 chance at deer with no points, or you can just buy a LO tag for $1000 and not out in for draw. My guess is if you put deer as second choice to save points, you would not draw. Area 31 deer if you want to look up odds.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

posted Hide Post
So the way I see it is the 2x1 Guided Elk/Deer if you just buy a LO Tag will be $9000 each, correct? What other licenses do we need? What else do we need?

I am looking at this for a group of 4, possibly 6 for a work trip. What are success rates for both the deer and elk for that 2nd Season? The guys I am bringing will be happy with a 320+ bull or 150+ deer.

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
FishLake...

100% on mule deer 160+
Elk- will be 100% on bull elk. I would think 60-75% on bulls over 300 on a combo hunt.

You are correct on the $9000 for combo and LO tag. Then you buy an elk tag and deer tag (LO voucher allows you to buy deer tag) from state of CO. Elk tag $644 - Deer tag $389 and $10 habitat stamp. 2 2nd season spots are sold, so max left would be 4 spots on a 2x1 basis.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Wow what a place!

You are getting some interesting hunts for sure.

We'll talk when I live in America again.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
BWW - it is a really cool place. Very basic as far as camp and all that go (just a real basic hunt camp), but great family running it and very good animals. They are used to doing 2x1 hunts, and everyone is signing up as 1x1 to trophy hunt, so my guess is after next year, the prices are going to go up as they are taking less hunters.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My hunting partner is 6. So it will be a while before we can hunt 2x1.

I am trying to find some place here that would let her shoot a roe deer or wild boar.

Most European nations you have to be 16 and some 18.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
That’s a shame. I thinknstates with 12 year old rules are too restrictive.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I concur, she does too. We are moving back to the USA before she turns 10. Just no place for her to shoot here, even a 22 or airrifle would be illegal.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do they do any archery hunts?

Posts: 33 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 02 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
they do archery hunts. If you will send me your email address (tim@timherald.com) I will send you info.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Heading out for this combo hunt in the morning...I hope to be able to write up an enjoyable hunt report.....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have a great trip and bag a big one!
Look forward to seeing the report.

Posts: 112 | Registered: 12 September 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Good luck DJ. Me and 3 friends will be there 3rd season, and I'll give a report as well.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Good luck DJ! I am very jealous....y'all are going to have a blast!!

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3326 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
I'll let DJ post pics if he wants but he killed a very nice 6x6 elk and a dandy mule deer with matching kickers - I am sure over 180".

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
Email sent.

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote