THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Major fire closes Nairobi airport

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Major fire closes Nairobi airport
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Torbjørn
posted

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: 17 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
from what i have seen and heard the arrivals terminal it a total lose.

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BwanaCole
posted Hide Post
I'm supposed to fly from Kampala on Kenya Air through Nairobi back to London a week from Friday. I'm hoping they will have at least the transit stuff sorted out by then! I would hate to have to change my tickets.

H. Cole Stage III, FRGS
ISC(PJ), USN (Ret)

"You do not have a right to an opinion. An opinion should be the result of careful thought, not an excuse for it."

Harlan Ellison

" War is God's way to teach Americans geography." Ambrose Bierce

Posts: 378 | Registered: 28 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
bawanacole, your flight should be OK KQ is flying on schedule and the other airlines are getting back in service daily.

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps they will rebuild something better? Unfortunate a lot of people are inconvenienced.

Cheers, Chris

DRSS

Posts: 1940 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
The fire broke out on the 15th anniversary of the bombings by al-Qaida of the U.S. embassies in Nairobi and Dar es Salaam but is not suspected of being an act of terrorism?.

There was not a single working fire truck available. The blaze was fought by officers passing buckets of water.

There was looting of cash and liquor by officers and employees. No use letting it go to waste I suppose.

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I leave tomorrow to come back to Nairobi--all things I hear from Nairobi is the international terminal is up and running at 100%---

Posts: 294 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: 29 September 2005Reply With Quote