Find
Notify
Tools

Zim visa procedure
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of opus72
posted
I know I get my visa on arrival in Zim, but what is the procedure? I just found the visa application online and it mentions needing 2 passport photos... Is this necessary or is it just fill out a form on arrival, handle it over with my $30, and I'm through?

The typical explanation on most outfitter's websites is along the lines of "While a visa is required in Zimbabwe, the visa is purchased at the airport when you arrive (US$30)"

Thanks... departure in 3 days.

Posts: 262 | Location: Mount Pleasant, SC | Registered: 02 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
opus,

You don't need pix when getting your visa upon arriving at the airport. I do highly recommend you have four copies of your gun permit filled out before you arrive. They have to do everything by hand and carbon paper is not always handy so having the copies will save you some time.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12869 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of opus72
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark. I've got the gun permit filled out with duplicates already (and unsigned), just was unsure about the visa process.

Posts: 262 | Location: Mount Pleasant, SC | Registered: 02 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The flights aren't loaded these days into any Zim airport so the process should be pretty leisurely. Just ask what line to get in.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12869 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When we arrived at Harare, the visa people had computers but were playing solitaire and still writing everything out by hand. Took awhile but that's Zimbabwe.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
opus - I went into Bulawayo in late July and I never did figure out the Visa "process". (Harare is quite a bit more organized. Bulawayo's kwanset huts from the '60's kind of gives the staff and passengers a quaint, FRANTIC mood). Just go where they point. Listen closely. Ask them politely to repeat when they slaughter the english language (I can't get 3 shona words right, so I guess turn about is fair play), give them the $30US when they ask for it, and you'll be fine.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have exact change. If you hand them a hundred, they'll have "trouble" making change.

Posts: 1978 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Have exact change. If you hand them a hundred, they'll have "trouble" making change.

I you give them a $100 do not expect change! Carry 5's 10's 20's. Maybe a pain in the ass, but better than finding out how fast someone disappears trying to find your change.

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not to disagree with Mark, but our flights both coming and going, from Bulawayo were packed. When we got to Bulawayo, by the time we figured out which line to get into, Dan and I were the last ones out of the airport. No big deal, Tulani just took us to the Harrison house, for our overnite. We were probably there all of an hour.

maddog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Pieter Kriel
posted Hide Post
+1 on having the correct amount of money. Wonder why we paid $55 at Beit Bridge for the visa?

No need for pics, its just a form you fill out and pay your fee.

Mkulu African Hunting Safaris
www.huntinginafricasafaris.com
hunt@huntinginafricasafaris.com

Posts: 210 | Location: Pretoria | Registered: 08 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't think I've ever seen the words "Zimbabwe" and "Procedure" used in the same sentence, unless it was in jest!!! :-)

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pieter Kriel:
+1 on having the correct amount of money. Wonder why we paid $55 at Beit Bridge for the visa?

No need for pics, its just a form you fill out and pay your fee.

The price of the Zim visa varies with nationality of origin. $30 for US citizens, $65 for Canadians, don't know for SA.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
If you're going to Bulawayo don't stand in line for the guy at the stand up desk right in front of you. Behind him and to the left is the door to the Visa Office, you want to stand in that line first.

I learned this by being last in both lines and the last person out of the airport, (without my gun).

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12548 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote