Find
Notify
Tools

Dubai airport hotel
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted
We are transiting through the Dubai airport next week on Emirates with a 10 layover on our way to Zimbabwe.

We have a hotel room in the airport to get some rest and refresh.

I know many here have done this. Can anyone tell me the name of the hotel and where it is located? And any other helpful tips on this process?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36839 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Mark,

Ask at any Emirates desk as you leave the plane.

Depending on the gate, they will give directions.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67385 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lane, I've stayed there a couple of times and if I remember correctly, it's the DUBAI INTERNATIONAL HOTEL.

The rooms I stayed in were very clean, quiet and dark when the blinds were closed.

Dubia security is very thorough. I would double check all medication etc... and make sure it's in the bottle/container that it was prescribed in.

I was trying to save space on my last trip transiting through and mixed some vitamin D soft gels in with my multi vitamins. Dubia TSA picked that up on their scanner and I spent the next hour being accused of traveling with CBD at 1am in the morning. I finally had enough and told home boy, go get your boss and let's go have this tested. He looked around for several minutes and then said, you can go now. I brought that on myself and knew better when I packed it!

Jay

Posts: 1804 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
What about OTC meds like allergy medication and ibuprofen etc? Are they allowed as long as in original packaging?

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36839 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lane, here is a link to list of banned drugs

https://dubaiofw.com/banned-medicines-in-uae/

Karl Evans

Posts: 2814 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am wrestling with this also. I called the UAE embassy, and you are supposed to get pre-approved by their health ministry for most prescriptions, anything psychoactive. That includes antidepressants, even over the counter meds like melatonin. Most stuff is OK, some things are outright banned.
The UAE government is closed until Tuesday, they are supposed to send me more info then.
They want a letter from the prescribing doctor, and it needs to be “authenticated.” I am guessing that means notarized.
It’s weird that all this applies to people who remain in transit, but it does. This is a link to the ministry:

https://mohap.gov.ae/en/home

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
What about OTC meds like allergy medication and ibuprofen etc? Are they allowed as long as in original packaging?

Ibuprofen you buy over the counter here.

Posts: 67385 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What if prescription meds are in your checked baggage that is checked all the way through to the final destination? So you dont have access even in transit?

Posts: 2552 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reddy375:
What if prescription meds are in your checked baggage that is checked all the way through to the final destination? So you dont have access even in transit?

I think that is the key. I just have a long layover in the airport hotel. My bags will be checked through to Bulawayo.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted 09 July 2022 21:31 Hide Post

J. Lane Easter, DVM
Hunter/Conservationist

I had OTC meds and melatonin in my bag as well and they didn't present a problem.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Melatonin is not available here anymore.

You could buy it before, but I understand it is no longer allowed to be sold over the counter.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Melatonin is not available here anymore.

You could buy it before, but I understand it is no longer allowed to be sold over the counter.

Thanks for the heads up. I will be travelling through Dubai again shortly, without Melatonin.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
An update.
After jumping through all the hoops, as directed in my call to the embassy, the health ministry informed my after the application was made that pre authorization for those not leaving the airport is not required.
No place on their website does that appear. It simply states that it is necessary even if in transit.

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
The health ministry is too busy accommodating the Russian oligarchs and their yacht crews hiding in Dubai to fool with transitting airline passengers. rotflmo tu2

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13233 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote