New
Find
Notify
Tools

Travel dates confirmed
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well, after several attempts, my hunting partner and I have finalized our safari and travel plans for 2009.

We leave Atlanta on 20 August and travel via KLM/Delta to Amsterdam then on to Dar. Our 10-day buffalo safari in the Selous begins on the 23rd. We fly back to Dar on the 3rd then back to the US on 6 September. We've got a couple of days on each end for any glitches plus, we used these dates so we could upgrade to business class and use ff miles for the entire trip.

This will be my fifth safari and my buddy's second. His first trip to the Selous and my third. I can't wait to see the look on his face when we land in LU2. I love that place. clap

Bull1

Posts: 405 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 25 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats to you and your buddy.I will be leaving Namibia about the same time as you are going.Maybe I will see you in an irport along the way.

We seldom get to choose
But I've seen them go both ways
And I would rather go out in a blaze of glory
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Eyedoc...sounds good. There will be many airports along the way. Do you ever catch yourself looking for someone you know when you're in an airport? You would think as many people travel through Atlanta, you would see someone you know bewildered but, I don't think I ever have. Only a litte over eight months to go.

bull1

Posts: 405 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 25 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I seldom run into anyone I know in the US airports, but seem to always find someone in Jo Berg I know.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3991 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote