THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Delta will officially ban shipment of all lion, leopard, elephant, rhinoceros and buf

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Delta will officially ban shipment of all lion, leopard, elephant, rhinoceros and buf
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Delta issued the following statement today:

Effective immediately, Delta will officially ban shipment of all lion, leopard, elephant, rhinoceros and buffalo trophies worldwide as freight. Prior to this ban, Delta's strict acceptance policy called for absolute compliance with all government regulations regarding protected species. Delta will also review acceptance policies of other hunting trophies with appropriate government agencies and other organizations supporting legal shipments

http://news.delta.com/delta-ba...ino-buffalo-trophies

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's not good news. With that, other airlines will no doubt follow suit. I think it may be time for a thread to be started with all the details of the ocean freight option.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As a Delta Diamond flyer I will certainly call and tell them I don't care for the policy but I doubt it does any good. Fallout from the "Cecil" incident and who else are you going to fly with as the rest are going to do the same. What worries me more is when they stop transporting rifles both internationally and domestically. Glad I'm not in the taxidermy or hunting business right now.

Regards,

Don

Trust only those who stand to lose as much as you do when things go wrong.

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Glad I'm not in the taxidermy or hunting business right now.

Regards,

Don

Me too!

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
hard to believe that 1 man could fuck things up to this extent....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13160 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He was merely the trigger that sprung the trap. Nothing more.

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
The world pendulum is swinging left as hard as it can now. Hopefully it rights itself eventually.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
The world pendulum is swinging left as hard as it can now. Hopefully it rights itself eventually.

This is the new normal, and these will be "the good 'ol days".

That's scary.

Posts: 352 | Location: Washington State, USA | Registered: 29 July 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted Hide Post
This just popped up:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/...LbL?ocid=mailsignout

"Journalism" at its finest. Loved the "gory trophies" part. Idiot. I had to write the author, Corky, a little personal email.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Delta is not alone, United, and American have all banned shipping of the "Big 5".

Meat Eater.

Posts: 120 | Location: Northern Ohio | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
Seriously? Cape Buffalo?

Just have to figure out how to get my elephant back here in the fall.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3045 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
Our two major Canadian airlines, Air Canada and West Jet just joined the sheep as well...at least I think. Air Canada said they wouldn't carry water buffalo but suspect they meant cape buffalo. It just shows how out of touch they really are. http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2...phies_n_7934250.html

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Buff,Croc,and 2 eles crated and ready to ship when we got the news..now will have to figure out something..if I can just get them to Atl. or Jax...might be slow,but has anyone shipped via sea??

Posts: 282 | Location: TALLAHASSEE,FL | Registered: 08 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Delta, American and United are going to stop serving beheaded and skinned chickens and steers on their flights as well (Actually given the state of their food they could be doing the world a favor).

Posts: 344 | Location: Reno, Nevada | Registered: 05 September 2007Reply With Quote