THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    What's the latest on taking minor children with you to the RSA?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's the latest on taking minor children with you to the RSA?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am planning on taking my eight year old daughter with me to South Africa this coming June. The wifey doesn't get enough vacation time so she is staying at home, but I am going to post on FB so she can share in the experience. I seem to remember there is additional documentation requirements when travelling to South Africa with minor children? Any info out there?

Thanks,

Guns

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
You will have to have a letter with her permission to travel to RSA. Without it, you can't even get on the plane.

Posts: 756 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The permission letter must be notarized, and an original. I always take more than one, AND a few copies.

It needs to specify the extent of the travel, identification of the child, and include an authorization to approve medical treatment as needed.

Do not just list RSA - if a plane is diverted to Windhoek, for example, and your authorization is only for RSA it is a hassle.

Posts: 352 | Location: Washington State, USA | Registered: 29 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As was above. ^^^^

Not only that but you will need the birth certificate showing both parents on it. Plus the daughters passport. And then the permission of both parents signed and notarized and take several original copies along too just in case.

I would also recommend the meet and greet service there in JoBerg which can put you in a small or no line when you arrive.

Why did they do all of this. They said to stop Human Trafficking. How many child sellers come from the USA and have both parents along, as we did last time with our daughter?

Anyway I would also check up again and be sure no other requirements are in force.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote