New
Find
Notify
Tools

Malarone
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just going through the vaccination rituals prior to departing to Zim in a month and may have some useful info on Malarone. There is a generic alternative that is far less expensive that my doctor prescribed (Atovaquone/Proquanil).
20 tablets through my company CVS program for $46.00 at the pharmacy counter or mailorder for $15.00.
Basically 10% the cost of the same amount of Malarone.
Might check it out with your physician...

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Dang! That is good advice! Malarone isn't cheap.

Posts: 6255 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's the one I am taking to Moz on Thursday this week. It is a lot less expensive for sure. I had to get 40 tabs as I will be in Moz for 30 days, plus the before and after treatment schedule. Don't fool with Malaria!!

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
I have just bought 87 Malarone tablets for me, dad and my brother as we head to Zim in 12 days. They were £2.25 each!!! Very expensive!!

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
Hunting, Fishing & Photographic Safaris Worldwide
+44 7930 524 097
mtaylorsporting@gmail.com
Instagram - miketaylorsporting

Posts: 686 | Location: England  | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
This is the part of the safari I will not skimp on.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67048 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is the part of the safari I will not skimp on.

+1!

Of the most common Malaria prophylactics; Malarone may have the least side effects depending upon each person's induvidual tolerance; sleep issues, skin sensitivity and abdominal issues; (can be often reduced/avoided by simply taking ... if available ... with milk).

.....but, other precautions such as mosquito nets, clothing, sprays combine into a total precaution package, too.

Yes, everytime I pay for them the expense sorta jumps out atcha; especially when paying for two (my wife also); but consider the alternative(s).+

Mail Order surely has it's competitive Price advantages but I prefer receiving the product from my local pharmacist, too.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The generic is the same drug. Malarone is off patent, so generics are now available and much, much cheaper.

Posts: 318 | Location: No. California | Registered: 19 April 2006Reply With Quote