Find
Notify
Tools

Air France Paris to Joburg
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted
About ten days ago I flew Paris to Joburg on my way to Windhoek, on Air France. The aircraft was a Boeing 777. This particular flight, in economy class, is one of the most uncomfortable long distance flights I have ever taken, and I did it both ways. Seats are in the 3-4-3 configuration, there is no leg room (unless you are 5'8" or under) and if you are able to get the emergency exit row the "window" seat has no window and you'll spend your time leaning into your neighbor. Opt for the business class which looks good, with full reclining seats. I don't know who invented that economy class cabin arrangement but it shouldn't be allowed on anything over 1 hour in the air. The BA 737 to Windhoek had more room.

Too bad they don't fly the B 747 on that flight anymore, it was very comfortable, even in economy, compared to this cram 'em in example of accountants over customers philosophy.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
How many hours was your flight?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larrys01:
How many hours was your flight?

About ten and a half hours.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
I'll be doing the Atlanta to Jo-berg in July on a 777. About 15 hours flight time. I thought KLM was the worst.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of donner
posted Hide Post
Air France is cheap and no more!i have been flying with them several times and its the same every time!bad food,small drinks,bad films,unpolite crew and almoast problems with the luggase every time!but they are CHEAP and you pay for what you get!!that is why i more and more fly lufthansa or saa Wink

Rauma Hunting and Fishing Safaris
www.rauma-jakt-fiskesafari.no

Posts: 619 | Location: åndalsnes Norway | Registered: 05 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You get what you pay for.

When I fly steerage class to Europe, I don't expect the perks of business class.

Best Regards,
Sid

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
Alexis de Tocqueville

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Posts: 602 | Location: East Texas, USA | Registered: 16 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wink-I will be making that same trip in August to hunt leopard with Karl.Fortunately I had enough FF miles that allowed me to upgrade to business class so hopefully the service will be a bit better and the hostesses will be a bit nicer. How did you spend the layover in Paris?

We seldom get to choose
But I've seen them go both ways
And I would rather go out in a blaze of glory
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Eyedoc, since I live outside of Paris there's no layover involved Big Grin Paris has a whole lot to offer of course so finding something to do is no problem. Just walking around town is very pleasant.

If you in business class on Air France then you find the service and the comfort just fine.