Find
Notify
Tools

OR Tambo- flood
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Sniper
posted
Over the last day or two I heard they had torrential downpours in Joburg causing severe flooding including the airport. Friends have sent me pics from there and it looked really bad. I emailed AfricaSky and they said they came thru OK.

"In the worship of security we fling ourselves beneath the wheels of routine, and before we know it our lives are gone"--Sterling Hayden--

David Tenney
US Operations Manager
Trophy Game Safaris
Southern Africa
Tino and Amanda Erasmus
www.tgsafari.co.za

Posts: 871 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Hate to hear of damage from floods but South Africa sorely needed rain!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7533 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm working in Vanderbijlpark. Yes, Joburg and OR Tambo had major flooding. Very high winds uprooted some substantial trees and roofs around the area as well.

They would still like more rain but without the wind. Everything looks green to me but I guess they are short on rain.

Eric

NRA Benefactor
TSRA Life
DRSS
Brno ZP-149 45-120 NE

Posts: 937 | Location: Corpus Christi, Texas | Registered: 09 June 2009Reply With Quote