New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calgary to Lusaka
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My lady and I are flying to Zambia in early November to hunt with Andrew Baldry and company. I have not hunted Zambia before so was wondering for advice on airlines?

Tight lines and straight shooting..
Thank you

Posts: 1544 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Emirates. I'm going from the west coast soon, layover in Dubai, then direct into Lusaka. On the way over I'm taking about a 36 hour layover in Dubai, in order to see some of the sights, plus it'll make the long flight go more comfortably. On the way home, just going all the way in one shot, with 2 1\2 hour layover in Dubai.

Posts: 3909 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We just flew to Lusaka from Houston with Emirates. It went great. I'll fly Emirates for our next hunt in Zambia or Zim.

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1298 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In 2008 my wife and I did CGY to Frankfurt ( red eye), wandered around Frankfurt for the day, Frankfurt to Johannesburg ( red eye) with Lufthansa/SAA. You should be able to get to Lusaka from JNB, but likely only with SAA.
From what I have read here on AR, SAA is not the same airline it was 10 years ago.
If you use US connections, there is the additional paperwork for your firearm

Posts: 132 | Location: Fort Nelson, BC | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bhtkevin
posted Hide Post
When I hunted with Andrew I was actually coming from Hong Kong on business, but we flew Emirates and it was fine. Layover in Dubai (stayed in airport hotel) and then direct flight to Lusaka.

Enjoy your trip. I hope to be back one day with my son.

Posts: 147 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote