THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Sept 7-28th JAX-ATL-JNB-VFA-JNB-ATL-JAX

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sept 7-28th JAX-ATL-JNB-VFA-JNB-ATL-JAX
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted
I'm on my way to Chete, leaving Jacksonville, FL on the 7th of September, flying the overnignt flight from ATL to JNB (rest up at Afton on the 8th, then on to Victoria Falls the next morning on SA Flight 40. I'll spend that night (9th) at Ultimate Lodge with Russell then I'll charter to Chete on the 10th and reverse the trip (without a r.o.n. in JNB) coming back on the JNB-ATL flight on the 28th.

I'd love to say hello and maybe have a toddy with fellow AR folks on any of the planes or maybe go to the Italian restaurant in JNB on the evening of the 8th?

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7547 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JudgeG-
I too will be on the overnight from ATL to JNB on Sept. 7. I rest for the night in JNB then onto Windhoek on Sept. 9th. I would enjoy saying hi and having a scotch.

Regards,
Jason

Posts: 144 | Location: sw Michigan | Registered: 19 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I'm sending you a p.m. later today. I've got a Crown Room (or whatever you call it) if you don't and we can await the flight in there if you wish.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

one of us
posted Hide Post
We will see you either in Victoria Falls or at the bush strip on the 10th - hopefully we will leave a lot of baits for your leopard.

Scott

Posts: 307 | Location: Dallas,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I've been in contact with Lou and he's excited about your coming. I'm pretty sure I'll fly out early on the 10th.

Are you going to r.o.n. in Vic Falls that evening or fly out that day?

One of Us
Picture of bcolyer
posted Hide Post
Hey Judge: I leave September 1st for Zim. Will be there for the month. You might remember the 'tiger fishing thread' awhile back. Hope to see you on the lake front in mid September. Hope to hunt a bushbuck or two while there.

Posts: 502 | Location: Farmington, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:
Are you going to r.o.n. in Vic Falls that evening or fly out that day?

We fly out that same day. We go from camp to Dallas in one long session with no overnight stops if everything goes according to plan.

We'll probably be returning to Vic Falls on the plane that brings you out to Chete.

Posts: 307 | Location: Dallas,Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I talked to Jennifer yesterday and that is the plan. I guess I'll be at the VFA airport and flying out at first light to make sure you are picked up and back at VFA in time for your flight to JNB.

Looking forward to it!

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Anyone (besides Jason and wife) going on any of the flights or going to be at the Afton Guest House?

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
I'm there now and Annelise is expecting you.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote