New
Find
Notify
Tools

Americase combo
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've decided for my next hunting trip to take a bow and rifle. Has anyone used the Americase bow/rifle combo case?

I have plans to take this combo on a few different trips so quality and ease of use is important!

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
I just bought a pair of custom Americases. One for my double rifle and one for a pair of Merkel single shot rifles (mine and my wife's). The cases are beautiful and they are what the rifles deserve. They are strong and I have no doubts they will protect my guns during any type of travel. However, they are very, very heavy.

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have taken a bow and a rifle to Africa six times now and they have always been in a Tuff Pak. Put each weapon in it's own soft case, place it in the Tuff Sack, pack a few odds and ends, boots, jacket, arrow case,Bog Pod, etc in Tuff Sack, slide it in the Tuff Pak, close it up, lock it down and forget it until you arrive at your destination. I feel this is the only way to carry both weapons with minimum chance of damage to either one.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have four different Americases for various long guns and variations.

But I do not have a bow combo gun case as my bow skills are not on that level.

The quality of the Americases is top notch. I have had and use my old Haliburton Zero and some Hardigg high impact plastic working literally all over the world, but the best of these for sporting use like guns etc are the Americase.

One reason for that is Americase can customize many of the case set ups for you (mostly) should there be something that you prefer. An example is my double gun case for either rifles or shotguns is in extra long which allows me to carry very long shotguns. It also has extra sets of hold down straps in it on both side should I require them, or if I break one of the guns down, or both down. Sometime after that I got the Safari 2 gun which is a great case for rifles.

My Premier DeLuxe single rifle case has it all. Velvet interior, a fabric outer cover, embroidered name and logo inside, separate interior straps, and open and covered compartments, with a riveted name tag, combo and key locks and more. Not only is it nice, it is tough, and it is set up for me. I dont know how many other companies could, or would, do all that. The costs for that is not very much either.

I have no doubts that unless something truly ugly happens, like the case is pulled between a fork lift, truck and the plane all the same time that the contents will arrive intact. I have been on the plane looking out the window and seen the handlers literally sling my case on to the baggage belt and crash it on to it. I was beating on the window and walked forward to raise hell and wanted to chew some butt good. But everything was good to go when I got it open later.

These cases have been going strong for 10-20 years and have much more to go. They will still be going when I am not I am sure.

If you have something special I would give them a call.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do not have that particular one. However, I have 5 others. I have:

1 single gun case

3 double gun cases

1 four gun case.

I love them. My oldest is over 20 years old and still going.

Posts: 11997 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info guys. I usually use pelican/storm cases for travel, but they don't really make anything for this application.

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't have any experience with that particular case and others have more Americase products than I. However, my double case -- the square one with wheels that carries the rifles upright -- has been great.

The last time I was in Tanzania, the PH took one look at it and said "that's a tank". He was right. It always has been.

Get ready for overweight charges, if that bothers you, however. Still recommend them.

Posts: 10038 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote