Find
Notify
Tools

Sofitel at Heathrow
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted
Has anyone used it? I am traveling from Malaga, Spain to England's Heathrow and then back to Austin. I am overnighting at the Sofitel... anyone else done this? And did you check your luggage all the way through at the point of departure or pick it up at baggage claim and recheck the next day? Thinking with the hotel in the airport I don't want to exit to grab luggage unless I have to.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I am not sure about this particular instance.

But, friends flying Emirates, where the layover is long and they stayed at a hotel inside the airport, they did not have access to their luggage which is booked all the way through.

Hope this helps.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68771 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
I have stayed there. You will not get your luggage, make sure in your carry you have a change of clothes. The Sofitel also has a nice business lounge for guests only. At least pre-covid. If you want to head to Windsor or London, Uber will pick you up in front of the hotel.

The hotel is connected to T5, but not in the secure area. I have also stayed at hotels off airport, they all have shuttles and are cheaper, but not as convenient.

Posts: 773 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the intel everyone...

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of shoulderman
posted Hide Post
WE stayed there on a 12 hr stopover to Windhoek. Got a day room. No access to checked luggage, Have to go back through security. Very nice accommodations.

Kodiak 2022
Namibia 2019
Namibia 2018
South Africa 2017
Alaska Brown Bear 2016
South Africa, 2016
Zimbabwe 2014
South Africa 2013
Australia 2011
Alberta 2009
Namibia 2007
Alberta 2006

Posts: 236 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 17 January 2012Reply With Quote