THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Flying Qatar? Book with Kathi Klimes !!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flying Qatar? Book with Kathi Klimes !!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Am sitting in the Doha airport waiting on our flight to Harare. Booked this trip for four with Kathi Klimes.
Checking in at DFW, they were waiting for us with all paperwork needed along with our paperwork. Laid it all out and had boarding passes, cleared TSA and headed to the gate in 40 minutes. No issues.

I get it that people want to save money on a trip, but saving money by booking your own international tickets to Africa or Asia without someone like Kathi is asking for a massive problem.

I have made 200 or more international flights in my work and for fun. I use a travel agent every time. Why? Well, try being in Moscow or Lagos and your flights are cancelled or your name is not on a list. You are in a bind. A travel agent earns every dime when you need help!

Another word to the wise. If you plan to use frequent flier miles on international travel, tread carefully. Fly off peak and at odd times.
Why ?
Twice in the last 6 months I have seen overbooked flight boot “non revenue” passengers off the plane in favor of paid tickets or airline pilots.

Don’t save a travel agent fee and risk a $40,000 trip.

Also, pay for meet and greet services at African or Asian airports. You are asking for hassles and delays if you don’t.

Posts: 10264 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I could not agree more. But I thought Kathi had retired???

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13473 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Wise words that should be heeded.

Posts: 3874 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Kathi has booked all our friends from the US!

Did a fantastic job.

Highly recommend!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67385 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Am sitting in the Doha airport waiting on our flight to Harare. Booked this trip for four with Kathi Klimes.
Checking in at DFW, they were waiting for us with all paperwork needed along with our paperwork. Laid it all out and had boarding passes, cleared TSA and headed to the gate in 40 minutes. No issues.

I get it that people want to save money on a trip, but saving money by booking your own international tickets to Africa or Asia without someone like Kathi is asking for a massive problem.

I have made 200 or more international flights in my work and for fun. I use a travel agent every time. Why? Well, try being in Moscow or Lagos and your flights are cancelled or your name is not on a list. You are in a bind. A travel agent earns every dime when you need help!

Another word to the wise. If you plan to use frequent flier miles on international travel, tread carefully. Fly off peak and at odd times.
Why ?
Twice in the last 6 months I have seen overbooked flight boot “non revenue” passengers off the plane in favor of paid tickets or airline pilots.

Don’t save a travel agent fee and risk a $40,000 trip.

Truth.

I don't use Kathi but TWG, they got me out of Karachi, Pakistan and Addis Abba, Ethiopia this year after I concluded my hunts earlier than expected. These days that can be tough to do from the lobby of a foreign hotel. The $200 extra you pay is chump change on an expensive once-in-a-life adventure.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
As a point of interest, I am flying Turkish Airways in 10 days from ATL to JNB. I had to buy 4 business tickets for the princely sum of $22,100. I prefer QA but when I booked in April, they charged $3500 more per ticket and Emirates was even higher. Just for the helluva it I checked ticket prices today. QA is now down to $4460/ticket. I could have saved over $4000. My TA tickets are non refundable so nothing I can do now but be pissed off. I can’t believe how much airfares have dropped in the last few weeks! pissers

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13233 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
These days that can be tough to do from the lobby of a foreign hotel. The $200 extra you pay is chump change on an expensive once-in-a-life adventure.

Right on, Russ!

Posts: 1804 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
As a point of interest, I am flying Turkish Airways in 10 days from ATL to JNB. I had to buy 4 business tickets for the princely sum of $22,100. I prefer QA but when I booked in April, they charged $3500 more per ticket and Emirates was even higher. Just for the helluva it I checked ticket prices today. QA is now down to $4460/ticket. I could have saved over $4000. My TA tickets are non refundable so nothing I can do now but be pissed off. I can’t believe how much airfares have dropped in the last few weeks! pissers

Good Luck, TA held back my rifle case at Ohare for no reason. TA manager had it in her office for 10 days before contacting TSA about it, TSA recognized it because I filed an query with them THEN, TA sends it on to Dar.

Meat Eater.

Posts: 120 | Location: Northern Ohio | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Not a problem for me. I quit traveling with a rifle 11-12 safaris ago……… Wink

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13233 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote