Find
Notify
Tools

Canada to Namibia
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi,

My hunting partner and I are booked for the first part of March at the Gras Ranch. Neither of us have ever hunted outside of Alberta before and can't locate an agent to book our flights. Tried Gracey but they don't book out of Canada. I undertsand that Lufthansa and Air Namibia has some sort of agreement regarding the transportation of firearms.

Any help or advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

Bobby B.

Posts: 323 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
fly to detroit or NYC

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bobby B,

Sent you a PM.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9370 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I did that trip recently and learned a lot about what is involved. Hopefully Kathi can help you. Definitely worth getting as much help as possible. I will share what info I have accumulated. We have more complications than the American hunters but it is very doable.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Awk !!!!! Do not ,,,,, I repeat do not fly through the U.S. !!! (The last time I looked into it .. it was against the American law for a foreigner to touch down .. in transit.. with guns on American soil) I go to Namibia nearly every year (I'm from Lethbridge) so if you want some advice drop me a PM. It is actually quite easy going to Namibia from Canada.

Posts: 1535 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of aholz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ranch.

Hi Bobby, I am going to Grass Ranch on May 15 2009 with my son. I have booked a flight from Frankfurt to Windhoek with Air Namibia and a separate flight from Chicago to Frankfurt using my miles. The whole deal cost me $2460. Good luck!