New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mozambique-Luwire Safaris
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Sept 10 departure from SFO to Atlanta. Arrive Jo'berg Sept.11. Overnight at the Afton House and depart Sept 12 for Pemba, Moz. Overnight at the Pemba Beach Hotel and Resort and wake up early for a 15+ hour drive into the concession along the Lugenda River.

Primary objectives : Cape Buffalo and Sable and other targets of opportunity.

My Hill Country prepared Win M-70 416 Remington mag and 300WSM are good to go. Love my Schmidt & Bender 1.5-4 Zenith red dot. Girl friend is going with me. Should be a great time. The only question is what will I do in succeeding years. I know. The Big 5 is now on my radar. Good hunting!!!!!

Posts: 53 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 28 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
Good hunting; have a great trip. 'Look forward to your report. Mozambique is on MY radar.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Cazador. I'll keep the AR clan informed. So far they seem to be taking some great animals. Last year my buddy got a 45 inch buff and his wife took two great sables in the concession. Don is working on his story for SCI. I'm counting the days.

Posts: 53 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 28 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MarcF, Good luck and best wishes on your hunt. I have been considering a hunt in the Niassa Reserve. Hope you have time to give us a hunt report when you return. The folks I'm considering booking with are shocked that I would rather take the 15 hour drive vs the 1.5 hour flight in a single engine C-206. BTW I'm a commercial pilot. Go figure. Happy Hunting!

Posts: 87 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of andy_7x64
posted Hide Post
Hi Marc,
I just returned from a hunt in the concession of Kambako Safaris at the Niassa reserve.
It is the concession next door to Luwire.
Hunted buffalo and plainsgame and had a great hunt / time. See my report!
The drive to the area is not to rough.
It takes appr. 6-8 hours.
Waiting for your report.
Have fun!
Andy

Posts: 119 | Location: Germany, South | Registered: 05 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Depending if the hunt is in Block A or C but you can add a few hours onto Andy's travel time.
Who will be your PH?

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote