THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Bidvest Club Lounge Tambo Airport

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bidvest Club Lounge Tambo Airport
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
At the Bidvest Premier Club Lounge in Tambo Airport Johannesburg, do you have to have an advanced reservation or can walk-up and pay for admission?
Returning through Tambo on June 3rd. and looking for a place to relax for about 3 hours.

Thanks for any info.

Mauserk98

Posts: 193 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 01 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
You can usually just walk in and pay on arrival but there's always the very small possibility they might be full because of widespread flight delays etc.

FWIW, I've used it for decades and have never had any problem getting in.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
last time i was there it was a very nice place to relax for a bit if memory serves me it was $35 including snacks and soft drinks

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ddrhook:
last time i was there it was a very nice place to relax for a bit if memory serves me it was $35 including snacks and soft drinks

Unless they've changed it in the last year or so, the entry fee also includes booze & showers etc and they even have a smoking room.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Which terminal is this club located in A or B. Thanks, may check it out the end of June.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Larry

There's one on each terminal.

In Internationals, come through passport control, turn right and walk to the end of the main area where you'll see an escalator going up. Jump on that and at the top turn 180 degrees left and it's right in front of you.

In Domestics, come through the security X Ray point, turn right and you'll see lifts. Go up to (IIRC) the 1st floor and it's right there. The lift has a sign marking which level it is but I'm fairly sure it's the 1st floor.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
quote:
Originally posted by ddrhook:

Unless they've changed it in the last year or so, the entry fee also includes booze & showers etc and they even have a smoking room.

right on all counts, mate. at least as of last Oct.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13225 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
They also have internet there but I don't remember if it's free or not. Even if it's not, I'm sure it won't be overly expensive.

One of Us
Picture of Bren7X64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Larry

There's one on each terminal.

In Internationals, come through passport control, turn right and walk to the end of the main area where you'll see an escalator going up. Jump on that and at the top turn 180 degrees left and it's right in front of you.

In Domestics, come through the security X Ray point, turn right and you'll see lifts. Go up to (IIRC) the 1st floor and it's right there. The lift has a sign marking which level it is but I'm fairly sure it's the 1st floor.

Not to be taking the piss or anything - but that's "rest of the world" first floor, right? Not USA first floor?

--
Promise me, when I die, don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told I her I paid for them.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 03 August 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bren7X64:

Not to be taking the piss or anything - but that's "rest of the world" first floor, right? Not USA first floor?

That's quite correct as in the 1st floor above the ground floor and below the second floor which is the floor 2 up from the ground floor! Wink

Don't be too hard on our American cousins though. We shouldn't after all expect then to be able to add up simple sums when they can't even spell simple words such as colour correctly.

animal jumping animal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

That's quite correct as in the 1st floor above the ground floor and below the second floor which is the floor 2 up from the ground floor! Wink

Don't be too hard on our American cousins though. We shouldn't after all expect then to be able to add up simple sums when they can't even spell simple words such as colour correctly.

animal jumping animal

Just because you insist on driving on the wrong side of the rode doesnt mean you can count-
Whistling

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
The US (and incidentally Portugal) might drive on the right side of the road but the UK drives on the correct (as opposed to the wrong) side.

rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
You should have been on Okinawa on the day they changed traffic from the right (proper side) to the left!

quote:
The US (and incidentally Portugal) might drive on the right side of the road but the UK drives on the correct (as opposed to the wrong) side.

rotflmo

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7592 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Ernest

I can imagine it must have been a super mega bugly stuff up........ and seem to remember another country switched over in about the 70s or so...... might have been Sweden but my memory isn't that good I'm afraid.

such a change must play havoc with car values though! Eeker

one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cross L:
quote:
quote:

animal jumping animal

Just because you insist on driving on the wrong side of the rode doesnt mean you can count-
Whistling

Bold talk for folks who confuse a frontier woman's headgear with the hood of a car; the foot apparel worn by cowboys and hunters with the trunk, and also find a need to spell the rubber objects around the wheels with a "y," apparently to avoid confusing them with the verb intended to show fatigue.

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1550 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
yuck animal jumping animal yuck

But why do you spell fatigue, fatigue & not fatige or fateeg? bewildered

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got back from Joberg. Used the Baobab Lounge. No charge, good food, free everything. Took a nice shower befor getting on the plane. Great experience.

Larry Rogers

Posts: 251 | Location: eastern WV | Registered: 01 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

rotflmo

Lets see--we drive on the right side--which means you drive on the left(wrong) side

Wasn't it Winston that said America and England were two people divided by a common language??

beer

I found the French Air lounge on the SECOND floor extremely nice last fall- they have a reciprocal agreement with Delta.

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bren7X64
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

rotflmo

Lets see--we drive on the right side--which means you drive on the left(wrong) side

Wasn't it Winston that said America and England were two people divided by a common language??

beer

I found the French Air lounge on the SECOND floor extremely nice last fall- they have a reciprocal agreement with Delta.

You DID order "freedom fries" and "freedom toast" while there, right?

Wink

--
Promise me, when I die, don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told I her I paid for them.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 03 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
"A people separated by a common language."

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Samoa just changed to driving on the left in 2009

Do any of the airport lounges at OR Tambo have reciprocity with United Club?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12585 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

rotflmo

beer

You DID order "freedom fries" and "freedom toast" while there, right?

Wink

Actually I enjoyed the free Famous Grouse and a pretty good cheese selection-

posted Hide Post
If anyone will be at Tambo on Monday I will be looking at stopping in here mid morning. First beer is on me.

Posts: 584 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: 13 August 2004Reply With Quote