THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Travel with firearms through Cairo

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Travel with firearms through Cairo
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is there any issue with traveling from London through Cairo with firearms? Any help would be appreciated.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do not think Cairo is a good place to be now or anytime in the future, much less an American with firearms. What do others think?

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Probably very correct but it is for next June, not this year.
Still curious.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
as long as your ticket doesn't show a final destination in Zim, probably OK.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13268 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think an AK with a folding stock would be just the ticket for Cairo right now....all joking aside, I would avoid it. I just came backnfrom Kazan, Russia last month and paid thru the nose rather than take the cheap flights thru Istanbul. A little rioting can turn into a big mess quickly. Safe travels.

Posts: 477 | Location: western arkansas | Registered: 11 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have no data to base this on, but there is no way I would plan a trip to or through Cairo, until that place settles down. I doubt that will be by next June.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2641 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Rick,

There is no expectation of when or if the current troubles in Egypt will resolve. Take the advice given above and re-schedule if necessary. Most revolutions take more than a year to correct themselves; think about it.

Keep in mind that whatever position our obamasama
finally decides is the appropriate one to take, will likely be incorrect. So even if the unrest has been settled, being an American passing through with a firearm may still not be a great idea.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of riverman
posted Hide Post
Just had a some people in CAmp in MOZ that had come through Cairo from Amsterdam and they had trouble with bags and never received one of them. Be careful....

Posts: 50 | Location: Irwin, Idaho | Registered: 09 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I haven't booked anything yet and don't believe that Cairo will be on my destination bucket list anytime soon. Thanks Guys.