Find
Notify
Tools

Visas for Zim
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted
Can you still get them for $ 35 at the airport?

My travel agent is thinking no, and I haven't tried since '08.

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

The Few. The Pissed. The Taxpayers.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Arizona and Nevada since 1979. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of martin pieters
posted Hide Post
Yes, they are still available at your port of entry.I believe the fee may have gone to $ 50, please contact Sally Bown soaz@mweb.co.zw for all the info

martinpieterssafaris@gmail.com
www.martinpieterssafaris.com

" hunt as if it's your last one you'll ever be on"

Posts: 639 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I got one in Bulawayo last week. If you are a U.S. citizen, it is quite simple. Just make sure you go to the counter where the visas are issued first before going to the entry desk, or they'll send you back. Fee was $30 U.S. and I'll be danged if I didn't see them make change for a guy. Take new bills, btw.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7592 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted Hide Post
Thanks

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

The Few. The Pissed. The Taxpayers.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Arizona and Nevada since 1979. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
Mine was $30 at the airport just a few weeks ago....

Mac

Posts: 1731 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
It was $30 in Sept. Try to have exact change since "I cannot make change" is a common excuse and you have to leave the $50 or $100 bill.

A young student in front of me at the kisok was about to be charged $100 until I made change for him - and I did not make a friend of the clerk when I did it.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The last time I was in Zimbabwe you only had to pay on the way out. On the inbound flight on SAA they announced that on leaving the country you would be required to pay the fee in US dollars in only $10 and $20 bills. There was a group of Australians behind me who groused out loud wanting to know what was wrong with their currency. I told them that no one had ever seen it so they couldn't determine its worth. The Frenchman sitting next to me gave me a real dirty look. What the Australians said is somewhat unprintable. I really try to be a good will ambassador Roll Eyes.

On leaving a few weeks later an older German fellow approached me and asked me if I was an American. I said absolutely and he asked if I could break a $100 bill as they wouldn't give him change. No problem as long as the $100 bill was legit (they had just started putting that plastic strip in the bills). It had it and I gave him change.

Posts: 932 | Location: Delaware, USA | Registered: 13 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Available at the airport in Harare last July for $35. The only problem was that there were a couple of people ahead of us in that line, and it took like an hour. All the other passengers had cleared customs, and the airport was empty by the time we got through.

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post