New
Find
Notify
Tools

South African question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
In the wake of Mandelas passing what are the predictions for security and safety for hunters and other tourists?

Posts: 309 | Location: WV | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am traveling to J'berg on the 17th for a 21 day hunt,and am planning for contingencies. We will be in northern Limpopo and a side trip to Kruger Park.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
My suggestion is to make sure you are met at the airport by a meet and greet service, then arrange for them to hand you over to your PH or outfitter.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67048 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Already done. We have friends there who are also our PH's from previous hunts who are picking us up from the meet and greet
I'm curious what folks think the level of threat might escalate to.

One of Us
Picture of Jvalha
posted Hide Post
I am landing at tambo monday morning and must admit the thought of this has gone threw my mind to.
I do not think it will be a mayhem, all the white slaughtering and that. Have talked to a couple of my friends in SA and they are not very worried. It will of course be very special when they cut the power of Mandelas life support. But as I said, dont think we have to worry to much.

-Jostein

Posts: 37 | Location: Norge | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KMG Hunting Safaris
posted Hide Post
Gentleman,
You will be fine.

Enjoy your trip!

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Cell, Whats App, Signal + 27 82 8205387
E-mail: info@huntsafaris.co.za
Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kmghuntingsafaris
Instagram: @kmg_hunting_safaris

Posts: 1362 | Location: Eastern Cape | Registered: 27 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks all.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was in Zambia shortly after the president died. There were large displays of offialdom, such as lots of military vehicles at the airport. It was all quite orderly, but did cause delays.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nobody will know for certain what the reaction of the masses will be until the news breaks - anyone thinking otherwise is speculating.

One of Us
Picture of Jvalha
posted Hide Post
Difficult to predict of course! But if you do a google search for " night of the long knifes" " when mandela dies"uhuru" or similar. You will in fact see that there has been a plan! But the thing is that it is not organised enough in my opinion to ever be realised..but the rumor say that usa and britain has been in a higher military alert since mandela was hospitalised. And also rsa military forces has leveled up!
There could be many reasons for that ...but makes you wonder

Posts: 37 | Location: Norge | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
My guess is that if the brown stuff is going to hit the fan, it will probably be around the time of the funeral.

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jvalha:
Difficult to predict of course! But if you do a google search for " night of the long knifes" " when mandela dies"uhuru" or similar. You will in fact see that there has been a plan! But the thing is that it is not organised enough in my opinion to ever be realised.. but the rumor say that usa and britain has been in a higher military alert since mandela was hospitalised. And also rsa military forces has leveled up!
There could be many reasons for that ...but makes you wonder

I'm a Brit myself and am ashamed to say that anyone that thinks the Brits & Yanks have got the bollocks to do anything about ANY situation that might occur is living in deamland....... They'll just stand by and watch whatever happens happen.

quote:
Originally posted by Scriptus:
My guess is that if the brown stuff is going to hit the fan, it will probably be around the time of the funeral.

I agree.