Find
Notify
Tools

Ethiopian airlines
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted
How is this company, I got business class from Sweden - Abidjan (via Addis) just over 2K. Sounds to good to be true Smiler

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not sure what aircraft they are flying now
We flew the Dreamliner the 787.
I believe most of our delays was because of difficulties with this airliner.
Actually they had mechanical issues with this airplane in Rome before the issues that became public and shutting it down.
But with that in mind the customer service in Addis is terrible,very primitive computers and handling delays and air plane transfers is a free for all. Their computer system is almost non existent they write ticket by hand can't assign seats it's a joke.
Also the over book by as much as 35% because of the cheaper flights must be ready at last 3 hours before boarding time even first class or you will be left behind.
It took 4 months to get any response from them to get some resolve to our complaints.
Good luck
If the 787 is flying great plane
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Thank you Larry

I have been on a few of African airlines before and usually you get what you pay for.

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
standard seats under 1000USD.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have flown with Ethiopian Airlines (London to Addis) a number of times without any issues whatsoever. From memory they have particularly high baggage allowances.

Posts: 2360 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good airlines, good food, on time on my travels with them. The stewardesses all looked like Haile Berry to me.

Posts: 10371 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
Good airlines, good food, on time on my travels with them. The stewardesses all looked like Haile Berry to me.

rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:

Hey, look at the bright side. They could have looked like Haile Selassie!

Posts: 12103 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't get me wrong
The flights where great once we got off the ground
It was the 18 hour delay in Washington Dc and the 12 hour delay in Addis with out answers from anybody.
And the over booked no room for me to fly home problem.
Good luck
Larry

One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
I have only done one trip with them. We flew on a fairly new 777. The trip was fine. The food was only so so but thats most airline food to me. After we took of on our second leg of the trip my brother leaned over and said evidiently if your not beautiful, you cant get a job on this airline.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The stewardesses all looked like Haile Berry to me.

That'd do it for me! Where do I sign up!

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess I will find out first hand this fall. Both Rich and Kathi recommended Ethopian Airlines to Addis.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife and I did LHR to Joburg via Addis in February, without any complaints, and this was with their Dreamliners grounded.
I would fly them again.

Posts: 227 | Location: Calgary, Canada | Registered: 06 March 2009Reply With Quote