New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lost luggage
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
We recently returned from a 3 week hunting trip thru Germany, Austria and Namibia. For once we didn't book our own flights, instead we had Kathi with Wild Travel book the flights for us, and she did a wonderful job. We flew Luftansa to Europe and Air Namibia from Frankfurt to Windhoek (no firearms)and back. Luftansa BC was very good, not so good on Air Namibia, but we sort of expected that. What we didn't expect was that Air Namibia would leave my wife's luggage sitting on the runway at Windhoek. Sort of inconvenient for her...pretty expensive cold weather jacket and boots in the bag. All ended well though, Luftansa located and retrieved her luggage, even brought the bags to our house...at 1:00 am Thursday morning! I would have been fine waiting until Friday, but at least she got her bag. I honestly don't think we would have gotten the bag if it were not for Travel Guard Insurance (we always buy a cheap cancellation/lost luggage policy) and they were on the airline's butt constantly.
We also toured the Kreighoff factory...but that's another story...

Karl Evans

Posts: 2908 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
That’s great, Karl. I hope it was a wonderful time and can’t wait for the rest of the story.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3458 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote