THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Open a zipper with a ball point pen

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Open a zipper with a ball point pen
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted
One of my traveling friends just sent me a video of how the baggage handlers can open and close a zipper on your bag without you ever knowing it ----- really scary/concerning.
The AR system does not allow me to post the video -- however -- if you will pm me with your email address I will forward to you.
Bottom line-- just because you put a lock on your zippered luggage -- do not even remotely think your bag is locked
G

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 928 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yip as ex customs agent I can tell you there is no bag that is un openable,

That is why my travel bags are never locked and are plain old duffel bags,

Walter Enslin
kwansafaris@mweb.co.za
DRSS- 500NE Sabatti
450 Rigby
416 Rigby

Posts: 512 | Location: South Africa, Mozambique, USA,  | Registered: 09 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yup. I opened a locked hard-sided rifle case yesterday with a paper clip. No joke.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There isn't a lock made that will keep a thief out only make it a bit harder and help keep honest people honest, eh

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A few years ago I worked as a fishing guide in Chile. I had to take a lot of equipment with me including several 2 and 3 piece flyrods. The ideal thing to transport them in was my SKB guncase. That worked fine but I still had more stuff and my other bag was at weight limit.

So, I had a heavy canvas cover with another compartment, sort of like a one of those piggy back bags Cabela's sells, made by Montana Canvas. That way I could bring more stuff with the guncase. The zippers are huge brass monsters, I've never seen a commercial bag with anything that heavy. The one securing the gun case compartment is full length and sort of tucks in at one end. If you don't know where to look for it it will take you a bit to even find it. The topper compartment has interior commpression straps to hold it's load. The canvas company also put two very heavy straps on the main bag section to further secure the whole thing together. These wrap over the main zipper. They are a heavy reinforced cotton with brass cinch buckles. They had made them extra long so I could cut them to the length I desired, good luck, even with a box knife they were tough as hell. It took the TSA guy several minutes, even with me offeing directions, just to get to the locked gun case. After examing everything he relented and had me repack the whole thing.

It was white when new, now it's a very dirty tan. I'm thinking of dying it orange for the next trip.

Posts: 763 | Location: Montana | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
And on the 8th day, G-d invented insurance.....
Wink

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote