THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    FINALLY! An Aircraft Specifically Designed For Safaris!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FINALLY! An Aircraft Specifically Designed For Safaris!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 67354 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You'd have to make sure that your hat was tied down. That would be a bit breezy in flight. Wink

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
And lots of rudder input to offset the assymetrical drag! Saeed, let me know if Walter needs someone to fly it Smiler jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Apparently it's being promoted as a "viewing platform" for "A-list animal lovers".

I wonder what would happen if someone said they were interested in it for hunting safaris and is there a gun turret option...

one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
I know a lot of folks have ethical problems about shooting from the truck, so I guess shooting from the observation deck would be a no-no?

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3103 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
If I ever saw one of those monstrosities while on safari I would fire one warning shot over the fuselage and run them off at gunpoint!!! Cool Big Grin

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13472 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Amusing til some lions eat the tires and it becomes a $30m dumpster stuck in a sandbox. Besides! Where's the hot tub and BBQ ...??

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Somebody obviously has both too much money and too much time on their hands.

That's the least practical design I've ever seen in aviation. Bloody flying motor home.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Two words: Explosive decompression.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brilliant ! And if money ever gets tight it would make a damn fine flying taco wagon.

" Knowledge without experience is just information. "

- Mark Twain

Posts: 141 | Location: santa maria, ca | Registered: 25 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shack:
Apparently it's being promoted as a "viewing platform" for "A-list animal lovers".

I wonder what would happen if someone said they were interested in it for hunting safaris and is there a gun turret option...

Viewing platform for a list animal lovers? i see through the pr crap and see a shooting platform for a list hunters

" Knowledge without experience is just information. "

- Mark Twain

Posts: 141 | Location: santa maria, ca | Registered: 25 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like the feature of the BBQ'd observers done medium rare by the engine exhaust.

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Looks like a Loliondo special to me!

Posts: 3874 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JPK:
I like the feature of the BBQ'd observers done medium rare by the engine exhaust.

JPK

Yeah, particularly if he gets a hot start...

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimFrosty
posted Hide Post
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.........would be great....till it actually flies in africa, sucks in a gutful of dust,breaks and never moves again...........then it will be a permanent viewing platform at some out of the way bush strip

Posts: 459 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 11 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimFrosty
posted Hide Post
tell you what , looks remarkably like the BAE146, of which Air Zim has one sitting on the deck in Harare. mmmmmmmm might be onto a way to make a couple million quid????

Posts: 459 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 11 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh, I don't know; it does look sort of neat. Saeed when you take delivery I will be happy to fly with you

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote