Find
Notify
Tools

Lusaka Lay Over
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted
Is there a B&B or guest house in/near Lusaka that takes hunters for a few days ?

I hope to hunt there in 2014 and need a few days to get over jet lag before hunting.

Posts: 1432 | Location: Australia | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Code4,

I stayed at the Taj Pamodzi in Lusaka in 2011. Pretty nice place. Good service, good food. If you stay there, try the Wasabi Prawns at the Steaks & Grills resturant, very good.

Check out their websight.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Go with the hotel/B&B etc that your safari operator recommends. It might save you some money.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12879 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by impala#03:
Hi Code4,

I stayed at the Taj Pamodzi in Lusaka in 2011. Pretty nice place. Good service, good food. If you stay there, try the Wasabi Prawns at the Steaks & Grills resturant, very good.

Smiler WASABI PRAWNS !!! Lol. I'm looking for a place to stay not a systemic clean out. Thx for the tip though, nothing beats first hand experience.

One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by impala#03:
Hi Code4,

I was stuck in the Pamodzi for four days in 1994. Management really must have cleaned up its act over the next 17 years. My room was so small there barely was enough space to walk around the lumpy bed with dingy linens, and the food and service were things I would like to forget.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
I think it is a good idea to stay in the same time zone to get over jetlag, but I think I would stay somewhere other than Lusaka. The city is not my favorite.

You could make a three day trip to Livingston to see the falls.

Or you could stay in Europe before your hunt....

There is a relaxing camp outside Lusaka called Pioneer Camp. They will rent an old farmhouse for $150 a night, or an en-suite chalet for $80. They are about 30 min outside the city IIRC, but it is not a continent location if you want to get into town on a regular basis.

Eureka Camp is pretty relaxing also. Basic ensuite chalets are about $75 and they are located on a private game farm. It is very easy to get to Lusaka from here(15 min)

I haven't been in Zambia for about 5 years, but I spent a lot of time there before 2008. The "good" hotels in the city are/were unbelievably expensive.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post
Well those are certainly european prices. I've stayed at Vic Falls four times so that's out.

I doubt I'll stay over in Europe either. Jo'Burg is only a 12 hour flight from Sydney.

The other option will be Jo'Burg and catch a morning flight to Lusaka. Ashton House was nice enough, but the last tme I stayed there it was full of first time hunters on plains game hunts talking about charging Lions and other DG stories. Not for me.

It's good to get the names of a few options however if I get stuck. Great info and many thanks.

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
I missed that you are flying from Austraila....

You might give this place a look: Nena Guesthouse.

I stayed there in 2008. I enjoyed it and thought it was a good value.

Jason

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
I might be able to put you up?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9875 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:

That would be cool!

Jason

-Jason Brown

One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post
quote:

You may regret offering. Does the thought of an Aussie, far from home without the trouble and strife in sight ..... and a thirst for chilled lager growing geometrically put you off ?

one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Code4:
quote:

You may regret offering. Does the thought of an Aussie, far from home without the trouble and strife in sight ..... and a thirst for chilled lager growing geometrically put you off ?

If Julie is cooking, you won't find any better eating in all of Lusaka.

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Cumming, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, I don't know what the Pamodzi was like in 1994, but it is very nice now.

I sure staying with Andrew would be a lot more fun!

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I stayed at the Taj Pamodzi twice in the past few years and couldnt fault it. It will be my first choice again for my visit next year.

Posts: 559 | Location: UK | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Code4:
quote:

Not at all mate and contact me nearer the date.

Cheers

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9875 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post
Pm in a few days... off to pick up a rifle ...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I highly recommend Chaminuka Lodge. Look them up. Picked us up at the airport. Maybe only 20 min from airport. Great food, game drives included.