New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prices to S.A. next July?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone have an indication on prices to S.A. next July (in camp 5-14)?

he W.C. ends on 7/12. I figure the Euro carriers will be higher than usual (summer tourists to Europe, and high fares on to S.A. since soccer is "their" game), but right now it looks like the highest fares are from SAA (direct from NY to JNB) and Delta, and hey, us Americans don't play no soccer. That just doesn't sound logical.

Posts: 42 | Location: The Glorious Democratic People's Republic of New Jersey | Registered: 04 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of postoak
posted Hide Post
The price rise from May to June to July is quite dramatic. But you can get exact figures by going to Expedia.

Posts: 440 | Location: The Woodlands, Texas | Registered: 25 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Prices will be considerably higher in July due to the World Cup.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will have to change my plans, per my agent at Gracy, to a route not going thru RSA. The rates available on the surplus tickets bought by Gracy and others probably won't be available until December if at all. Also, when they are available, they may be very, very expensive.

Posts: 245 | Location: The Show Me State | Registered: 27 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Turner - Total Travel Solutions
posted Hide Post
Hi Jersey Bob

I highly recommend you start your reservation as soon as possible. The World Cup runs through 11 July and seats on both Delta and SAA are hard to come by for this period.

I would be glad to assist you with your reservation. Shoot me an email with your departure and arrival cities and I'll send you a proposal.

Regards

Steve Turner
Travel With Guns
210-858-9833
steve@travelwithguns.com

www.travelwithguns.com

Posts: 138 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jersey Bob,

Steve at Total Travel Solutions is helping my father and I get to SA next April. We don't have exact prices yet, but we have our reservations. Steve is great to work with, definitely a guy to call for Africa travel.

Eric

posted Hide Post
Jersey Bob, I was going to leave on the 1st of July but the World Cup has everything messed up. I talked to my outfitter and was able to change my dates. I leave the 14th of July with SAA for $1800.00. Delta at that same time is still $2800.00.

Kelly