Find
Notify
Tools

Frankfurt firearm fee
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Jriley
posted
I am planning a trip to Namibia for July 2023 as a graduation present to me for my doctorate. I haven't been to Africa since 2007. I have heard conflicting reports about a transfer license to go through Frankfurt. Has anyone been to Namibia from the U.S. through Frankfurt recently that can comment on this? Thanks.

one of us
posted Hide Post
J

Use a safari savvy travel agent such as Gracy Travel, Travel With Guns or Kathy Klimes. They can sort you out on any of your travel questions.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13015 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

If your luggage is checked through to your final destination from the USA departure point on the same airline or code share all the way then you do not touch it in FFM and do not need any extra paperwork or licenses.

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2327 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jriley
posted Hide Post
Thank you. That was the case the last time I went through Frankfurt.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What Mark said!

The last time I flew through Frankfurt the elderly guy in front of me in line didn't have his paperwork in order and the place filled up with police!

Talking to him on the flight to Windhoek, he said the police confiscated his rifles and that he didn't plan to ever see them again.

Regulations can and do change constantly, it's best to consult a professional.

Posts: 553 | Location: Mostly USA | Registered: 25 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Congrats on more education. I hope it is a real doctorate in science or engineering and not a fake one.

I work with a guy that has a PHD in Physics. He wants everyone to call him Bill.

The biggest idiot I work with that has a PHD in some sort of humanities or history degree, he wants everyone to call him Dr. Smith.

Everytime I think about how much of a pain in the ass it was to get my MS and work full time I give up any hopes of being a PHD.

Did you work full time when you did it?

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jriley
posted Hide Post
It doesn't feel fake. LOL. It's in education. I don't care what people call me, but it's the only way I can get a raise. I did work full-time the whole time. That is part of the reason I haven't hunted in several years besides a quick bird hunt here and there.

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Congrats that is really rough.

My wife is a teacher, who has a masters she said it is the only way to get more money. What a BS racket.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stubbleduck47
posted Hide Post
The serious full time PhD student is the last form of legal slavery in this country. I both have the degree (In science) and was a tenured associte professor, with a number of graduate students both PhD and MS at a large research university until recruited away by industry. The only time I was regularly called "Dr." was at the University. In my experience those with "STEM" based PhD's are rarely hung up on being so addressed. One way to seperate the "Wheat from the Chaff" is to ask if the individuals thesis research was published in a refereed journal. Originally that was a requirement for receipt of the degree at many university's.

Posts: 911 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So is there a link to the paperwork that is needed for this. I’m going to Namibia in April and my bags will be checked all the way through.do I need the form.

Member NRA, NFA,CSSA,DSC,SCI,AFGA

Posts: 266 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 10 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spooksar:
So is there a link to the paperwork that is needed for this. I’m going to Namibia in April and my bags will be checked all the way through.do I need the form.

The last time I did this (about 6 years ago) no paperwork beyond the Firearms License and European Firearms Pass (which you will not need) was required. My firearms were offloaded, despite being checked through, an hour late by which time we were late for our flight and almost got ditched. When we got on the plane eventually all heads turned..... the walk of shame.

Hire a rifle.

Posts: 200 | Location: The frozen north of Scotland | Registered: 01 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe some paperwork is needed even if rifles are checked through. As Mark said use a good agent to book your flights.

Posts: 2570 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote