Find
Notify
Tools

Tuffpak on KLM
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted
Has anyone had issues packing clothing and such in with rifle in a Tuffpak when flying KLM? We've done it with countless other carriers but did hear of an issue with KLM. Thanks for any experiences you can share.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Traveled KLM twice with Tuffpak with no problems having Tuffpak stuffed full of boots jackets etc, however suggest you contact KLM to verify no specific restrictions. I had British Airways make me remove everything but guns from Tuffpak stating it was South Africa's rule. The year before it was ok with BA. I go to airport prepared for anything. Carrying a copy of the airlines rules doesn't protect you from ignorant and arrogant airline personnel!

Best regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
Picture of Canuck32
posted Hide Post
No problems in 2014 for me through Amsterdam to Dar and back on KLM.

If you have that much to fight for, then you should be fighting. The sentiment that modern day ordinary Canadians do not need firearms for protection is pleasant but unrealistic. To discourage responsible deserving Canadians from possessing firearms for lawful self-defence and other legitimate purposes is to risk sacrificing them at the altar of political correctness."

- Alberta Provincial Court Judge Demetrick

Posts: 615 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 17 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
Thanks Canuck...that's the exact route we are taking.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No problems traveling (KLM) to Uganda last February with a Tuffpak.
Had rifles, knifes, shoes, clothing, belts and battery operated lights.

Posts: 1795 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote