New
Find
Notify
Tools

DELTA'S NEW ECONOMY CLASS
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was just informed by Lori from Travel Express thta Delta is offering something call Economy Comfort. It is available on some flights to Africa. I was able to upgrade my round trip economy tickets for this service. It gives me early boarding, 4" more leg room and a 6' 2" and 250 I need all the room I can get, as well as free drinks, (which I don't need but will certainly enjoy)

There are limited seats available, so if you are traveling to Jo-berg you might want to check it out.

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Sweet! I wish I had a flight lined up to try this out.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16397 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Here's a discussion just below this thread: Economy Comfort Class

Tim flew in the class and decided he'd rather have an exit row seat. I'll be flying Economy Comfort in 60 days and will report my views as to whether the increased cost is worth it.

Anyone besides Tim flown it?

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7545 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I read about it on AR and shortly thereafter Gracy Travel notified me and I upgraded at a cost of $160.00 per flight. I am leaving 8/9 and will find out if it is worth it.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1926 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:
Here's a discussion just below this thread: Economy Comfort Class

Tim flew in the class and decided he'd rather have an exit row seat. I'll be flying Economy Comfort in 60 days and will report my views as to whether the increased cost is worth it.

Anyone besides Tim flown it?

Hi JudgeG,

We flew on KLM with this upgrade and it was well worth the few extra bucks...bulkhead was great.

Posts: 1999 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have they got any seats 4in. wider??? that would be sweet!! Smiler

Posts: 332 | Location: eastern oregon usa | Registered: 21 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ghostbird
posted Hide Post
I'll be giving it a try end of June... I'll report back mid July and let everyone know my thoughts.

--------------------------------------------
National Rifle Association - Life Member
National Wild Turkey Federation - Diamond Life Sponsor
Pope & Young Club - Associate Member

Posts: 561 | Location: North Alabama, USA | Registered: 14 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2kuduhunter:
Have they got any seats 4in. wider??? that would be sweet!! Smiler
Amen! While more leg room is important if you're somewhat taller than average, for most of us the most discomforting thing about coach seats is their incredibly narrow width. I'd much rather be four inches further from the Sumo wrestler in the adjacent seat than have my knees six inches from the seat in front of me rather than two inches.

Posts: 13235 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I told Gracy I would only upgrade if I could keep my isle seating, the last thing I wanted was to be in between two gorillas. Got my isle seat, so we shall see.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1926 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm looking forward to trying these seats. Being 6'5", any extra space is welcome.

Posts: 277 | Location: Murphy, TX | Registered: 21 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll be trying them out on 6/10/11, I'm pretty tall so we will see.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2759 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigguy458:
I'll be trying them out on 6/10/11, I'm pretty tall so we will see.

I'll be interested in hearing if they worked out for you.

One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted Hide Post
Returning from Joberg last month I suddenly realized that the seat I was in ( middle middle row 32 if I remember correctly) had considerably more leg room. I had been whining about the middle middle position but the flight was sold out and had no choice. I think they adjusted these seats some time ago but had not published the fact. Now that I think about it I am sure that the individuals on either side of me did not pay extra for those seats --- they were just there as so to speak.
G

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 926 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Has any other tall travelers tried these seats and determined if they are worth the little extra cost?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It has been covered here somewhere. I understand it is well worth the cost. I upgraded to this for my trip next month. My son and I are both large guys. The extra room will be welcomed.

Hartley

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
I think it is worth it. Having said that, I'm 6' and 230. I like the extra leg room. I also felt the extra recline made a difference as far as getting some sleep.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I fly ATL-JNB-ATL last month and it was worth every penny.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7545 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm 5'9" and 160lbs and I recon economy extra is well worth it. Will never fly economy basic again if I can help it. Sadly Lufthansa doesn't offer this option but United does. It was one of the few good things about scare Zimbabwe- you could fly buisness class to london for less than an economy ticket on BA or SAA...however, scare zim has gone tits up

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I knew that GANYANA was fearless from AR member conversations but Air Zimbabwe????

Posts: 413 | Location: Tennille, Ga | Registered: 29 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by safari-lawyer:
I think it is worth it. Having said that, I'm 6' and 230. I like the extra leg room. I also felt the extra recline made a difference as far as getting some sleep.

I'm 6'5" and my buddy is 6'4" so we're very interested in the effectiveness of the few extra inches.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Because of my son's status, he got us upgraded to the EC for free. We also got lucky and got the bulkhead[row 31] both ways. I'm 6'3"/235 lbs. It was great to be able to really STRETCH out. Big Grin

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
I will be using it on the 25th. Atl to JNB

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Northman56751
posted Hide Post
I just got back from a trip over to Ireland last week and tried the economy comfort seating. Well worth the extra money in my opinion. I am about 6' and 210 lbs. Cost for the upgrade was $40.00 each way (JFK - Dublin). If i remember right, i rec'd. a discount on these as i have gold status with Delta. The only real difference betwwen economy and economy fcomfort is the 4" of extra leg room and the seats recline a little further. Oh...... the seats are dressed up a little. But that 4" makes a world difference!!!

Brett Mattson
www.hosted-hunts.com
E-mail: brett@hosted-hunts.com
Cell: 218-452-0774
Life Member NRA

Posts: 258 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I'm 5'10" and 160; I'd appreciate the legroom but agree that it would nicer to have a few inches more seat width.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16397 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
I booked this class seat for my trip in 12.

With some motivation, a person can do something to improve their fit in narrow seats, but not legroom. Wink

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
I just returned from my trip and will use it again if I have the need.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hopefully, for Delta, it will keep your mind of the new $75 for the first bag deal...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote