THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    4457s and update with our experience
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

4457s and update with our experience
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like many other government agencies (and some businesses as well), the Deep State has their own agenda.

Last year I was flying out of Bangor, and the United agent at check-in insisted I have locks on every one of the 4 lock holes on my Pelican rifle case.

Fortunately, I had two TSA locks which would fit.

When I got my rifle in Denver, the two TSA locks (about $12.00 a piece) were missing!

I try and carry hardcopies of both the TSA and the airlines most recent procedures for traveling with firearms and ammo.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of H T
posted Hide Post
No question there are uninformed or difficult officials on both sides of the pond. A meet and greet service does help a lot in Jo'burg. On this side it can still be a crap shoot.

Flew SAA out of JFK and was told to remove the bolt and keep it separate from the rifle. Other bags were already on the conveyor belt and on their way. So was told to put in my carryon or the rifle wouldn't be on the airplane. On return trip was told to definitely keep it in the rifle and never put in carryon. That last one made sense. But of course you struggle as the customer to help the agents understand.

I'm sure we all have war stories like that. The real key is patience, copies of the airlines policies, copy of TSA's policy, be flexible with extra locks if needed, oh -- and patience!!

Posts: 731 | Location: Kerrville, TX | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lane,

I think you'll love Gracy's VIP service. I recommend it to every hunter transiting O.R. Tembo. I use the VIP service myself although I've been through that airport several times. It saves a bunch of time and it's always nice to have someone taking care of you. You're on vacation so why not avoid the angst.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12877 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
Good to hear! I am using the VIP service.

You are golden Doc. Between bidvest and Gracy, it will be a breeze!

Contrary to all the posts, I find SAPS much easier to deal with than the import process in Zim. I have been through Harare and Vic Falls, and SAPS is far easier.

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Since Debbie now lives in Vic Falls...I wonder why she doesn’t do a VIP entry service there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For those of you in Dallas, I was at DFW last week getting a couple of 4457's and the CBP Officer noticed my address and informed me that CBP can/will issue 4457's at their office at Love Field. Much closer to my home.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2771 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
For those of you in Dallas, I was at DFW last week getting a couple of 4457's and the CBP Officer noticed my address and informed me that CBP can/will issue 4457's at their office at Love Field. Much closer to my home.

Thanks!

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Guess I need to figure out exactly where they are at Love Field since I need new/updated 4457s...

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try this phone number...
214-477-4934

Karl Evans

Posts: 2771 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Try this phone number...
214-477-4934

Thank you sir.

One of Us
Picture of vlwtx348
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charles_Helm:
quote:
Try this phone number...
214-477-4934

Thank you sir.

Yes, thank you. I'm traveling with guns out of the country for the 1st time this September. I was wondering if I had to go to Irving for a 4457 or could go somewhere closer, like McKinney

Posts: 310 | Location: NE Texas | Registered: 12 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
There is an office in Addison...but if I was that far...I would go to Irving office as I have used it many times and it is always quick, courteous, and efficient.

Irving office still closer to NE Texas than Love Field office.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just for all reading- there is also an office in Oklahoma City. They are very nice and accommodating.

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Try this phone number...
214-477-4934

FYI I called yesterday and arranged to go by today. Very polite and professional. Parking is somewhat limited due to construction.

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
That’s good to hear. Please report back.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, parking is limited but for me, it’s a lot easier and quicker. Glad it worked out.

Karl Evans

One of Us
Picture of Clan_Colla
posted Hide Post
quote:
Try this phone number...
214-477-4934

Yes-

Lemmon @ Lover's Lane
they do ask that you call for an appointment

Posts: 633 | Location: Texas | Registered: 30 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I misread your post and I’m glad it went well.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dahav:
Just for all reading- there is also an office in Oklahoma City. They are very nice and accommodating.

Takes all of 5 minutes in OKC.

Posts: 10207 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote