THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Question for US hunters traveling on Emirates

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question for US hunters traveling on Emirates
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
For those of us hunters traveling back to US via Emirates (Dubai) how do you plan to pack and deal with cameras and other electronics (satellite phones) which can no longer be packed in carry-on bags due to US restrictions.

It is my understanding that we can only take cell phones as carry-on electronics.

I am considering trying to find a method of packing camera/chargers, satellite phone in my Tuffpak as I don't think they would make in my duffel.

Thanks for any help.

Best regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
Mine are going in the gun case.

Safe travels................LL

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
It is my understand that they are going to collect them at the gate, and secure them on the plane and return to you at landing. Coming back on June 14, and will have first hand knowledge on that date.

Posts: 755 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
After looking at the process Emirates has in place in Dubai to handle gate side check in, I think I will just pack mine gate side. I want to be able to use my laptop from Harare to Dubai, in the Dubai airport and again from Seattle to home. If I pack it away in a gun case I will be out of luck the entire trip. If you have not seen it "The Points Guy" https://thepointsguy.com/2017/...tes-electronics-ban/ has a great read and video on the Emirates process. I think they are trying to make the best of a tough situation.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
/we are flying Emirates next month as well and plan on checking computers, etc. at the gate. I've been told that Emirates is supplying tablets upon request to those flying business and first class, we will see.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2778 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys! This is exactly the info I was looking for. Appreciate your help!

Best regards, D. Nelson