New
Find
Notify
Tools

Turkish Air to Arusha
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I an going to Arusha in December via Istanbul on Turkish air. Steve Turner was able to book it using my United miles on a saver award for my wife and I in Business.
Has anyone else gone this way and used them ??

Posts: 121 | Location: Creswell Oregon | Registered: 13 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
NOt yet, but I will in May, also in business. I'll let you know how they were.

Posts: 181 | Location: WA, USA | Registered: 20 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Turkish Airlines: New Planes, Friendly Staff, Best DO&CO Food, Cheap Tickets what can you wish more. Business Class Lounge in Istanbul is according to a friend outstanding. Flew Arusha and Dar with Turkish and was very satisfied with them.

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ironically probably the only airline which is hassle-free on firearm transportation (for now).
The only pain in the derriere, for American clients in particular, is that they have to pick this flight up in Istanbul.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I found the airport in Istanbul one of the most pleasant I've ever been in. I flew TA to Bishkek in '09. The 737 was pretty crowded, and there was a bit of BO present, but the flight was otherwise OK.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Did you all stop over with guns in Istanbul or did you just transfer on to Tanzania ??

Posts: 121 | Location: Creswell Oregon | Registered: 13 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hate to be the naysayer in the bunch but, Turkish Airlines has been one of the only airlines that I have had problems with concerning my firearms. I flew through Istanbul also in '09, both ways to and from africa. My firearms made it to africa on the way there but on the way back they unloaded them off the plane for a plane change in Istanbul and placed them somewhere else. It took 6 full weeks to get a response and to get them back. Other than that, it was ok. I would make sure I had insurance.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote