New
Find
Notify
Tools

This Is Scary!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 68771 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
That's why they make alarms.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I have fun with current airline pilots.

I tell them they are no longer pilots.

But systems managers.

They laugh!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68771 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good point on how true. Most flights are on autopilot and alert the pilot when they need to take over. Were these guys stoned, or just sound sleepers? But still not good press for the airline.

Posts: 10363 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
More concerning is the two pilots that got into a fist fight in the cockpit.

Posts: 10363 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Last night when we landed at ATL on Turkish airlines from Istanbul, the pilot chopped the throttle when we were still about 8-10’ off the ground. We hit like a ton of bricks and bounced about 5-6’ back into the air, then hit again with a strong list to starboard, followed by the nose gear hitting and bouncing. Scared the crap out of everyone including the 2 relief pilots seated in the front row of business class with us! I’ll never fly TA again. thumbdown

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13429 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Like the Saudi prince in florida back in the 80's who put his bus on cruise control and went to get a drink from the fridge in the back!

Posts: 4884 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Just remember, the next time you do anything that depends on anyone else, 50% of all people are below average.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13654 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just remember, the next time you do anything that depends on anyone else, 50% of all people are below average.

Are you sure that's really not 85%?! rotflmo clap