THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    A can of worms or a relevant question?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A can of worms or a relevant question?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted
What are your thoughts on African Travel with the present concerns on the Ebola Outbreak being encountered?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
You can readily find which countries have had reported cases of Ebola and then view them on a map of Africa. If you know where you are going, that should reduce your concern. And if you know how Ebola is transmitted you will feel even more confident. All this info is available to anyone remotely interested.

I depart in 33 days for Zim. I am not concerned in the least regarding Ebola. And I am not going anywhere near west Africa.

Your post, IMO, is irrelevant.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well two buddies and myself leave the end of September for SA with a refuel in Dakar and it makes me nervous. Dakar borders one of the outbreaks and even though we don'y get off the plane I'm not too anxious. I think the count will rise.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
agree with you, Mike!!! the affected area in Africa is at least 2000 miles from the areas of southern Africa most commonly hunted by tourists. it's like worrying about a disease problem in Brazil if you live Florida. i hunted in Cameroon in April( the outbreak had been ongoing at that time for 2-3 months). the thought of worrying about it never crossed my mind- and i am a doctor.....it is neither a can of worms or a relevant question unless you are headed to Guinea, Sierra Leon, Liberia, or Nigeria- none of which have a developed safari hunting industry.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13147 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
It is like AIDS, if you do not get direct contact with an infected person, you won't catch.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66954 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
My GF was concerned as I am headed to Zim through JNB in 38 days. I proceeded to show her map of Africa, and then she was relieved.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
It is like AIDS, if you do not get direct contact with an infected person, you won't catch.

tu2

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote