THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    FYI-Opening luggage/So you think your luggage is safe?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FYI-Opening luggage/So you think your luggage is safe?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwfYuUPcgHg

I received this information from a client and thought it might be useful in your travels.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9365 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
These are nylon zippers and they are also susceptible to accidental separation. Use a bag like the Filson brand that still use heavy duty brass zippers.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Believe me, that's exactly what happened with my luggage in Victoria Falls last year as the scumbags who were loading our carry-ons, (placed in the hold of the plane at the very last minute pursuant to the stewardess' direction), got into my carry-on and stole two of my cameras. Unless you plastic wrap your luggage or take some other precautionary measures, the contents of your luggage is completely susceptible to wholesale theft in Africa.

Administrator
posted Hide Post

Posts: 66946 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Sadly, this not just an African problem

No, it isn't. These new TSA regs are a gold mine for baggage thieves. I still use an old Halliburton case. It takes a professional safe cracker to open it. Yeah, it's heavy and battered, but I'm somewhat battered too, so we go together well.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote