Find
Notify
Tools

Ethiopian Airlines???
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted
For those of you who have flown through Addis, is 1’40” enough connection time to transit to JNB from the states?

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13233 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
I have transited Addis once, and would not feel comfortable with that short of layover. My problem was there was nobody waiting for me to go over to have my guns checked. Had to go into the terminal and thankfully got a very nice lady to sort things out. Still took the better part of 2 or so hours. Glad I had a 4 hour layover, the business class lounge there is not bad.
John

Posts: 755 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jerry doesn’t travel with guns! Yes, that is enough time. Went through Addis last September.
Business class lounge was brand new, as in it wasn’t open on the way over but was on the return. I have nothing to compare it too but it was huge and the food was delicious!!

What counts is what you learn after you know it all!!!

Posts: 711 | Location: York,Pa | Registered: 27 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
1. Ethiopian is a solid and good airline. I have flown them several times and never disappointed. Better than United, Lufthansa. Not as "new" as Emirates or Qatar.

2. 1 hr and 40 min in Joberg is cutting it close. You can do it with no guns and no bags to recheck. If you are just changing flights, you are probably ok, but it will be very close.

Good luck.

Posts: 10263 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. On further research, it looks like I will be flying Turkish Airlines. I’m buying 4 business tickets. On Turkish it’s about $18,700. On Ethiopian it’s $24,500.QA IS $36,000, BA and Lufthansa about the same. Emirates is about $38,000. Damn!! barf

One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
Thanks guys. On further research, it looks like I will be flying Turkish Airlines. I’m buying 4 business tickets. On Turkish it’s about $18,700. On Ethiopian it’s $24,500.QA IS $36,000, BA and Lufthansa about the same. Emirates is about $38,000. Damn!! barf

Turkish business is excellent. The Business lounge was not open when I went thru IST, but the Miles & Smiles Club was, beer and wine only.

Posts: 758 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
According to their website, the business lounge is now open,