Find
Notify
Tools

Airline recommendations
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MMM
posted
I posted awhile back on the African Hunting Forum about ideas for a family safari trip. I received a lot of great suggestions that we have enjoyed exploring. Well, this thing is picking up steam, and we are very close to booking a trip for next year. I have been reading on this forum, back to the beginning of 2009, to learn as much as I could about traveling to Africa, and boy, some of these horror stories are kind of discouraging to read. Is there a current favorite for a trip through to Windhoek? Johannesburg airport sounds like a nightmare, and we will be traveling with our young daughters. I have traveled to Central Asia a couple of times so I have an idea what the trip might be like, but not with a rifle, and I need a place to start to investigate airlines and route options. Is there a reference book I can get? Or a website? What is working well right now? What may be about to change? Just need a little help getting off in the right direction, would appreciate any help/advice. Thanks very much, MMM.

Posts: 172 | Location: north MS | Registered: 28 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of MMM
posted Hide Post
Thank you Shakari, I ran across your website and saw all the information, but I wasn't keeping notes at that point, and then I couldn't find it again. THat will be very helpful.

Posts: 172 | Location: north MS | Registered: 28 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Always a pleasure..... if there's something you can't find, feel free to email me at shakari3@mweb.co.za and I'll be happy to give you the exact link you need.

It's all there somewhere but at 500 odd pages, some of it takes a bit of finding.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I suggest you book through a travel agent who is familiar with hunters and their requirements.

We have been using Kathi for a number of years, and have had great service from her.

And most importantly, arrange for a meet and greet service at the airport of your arrival. It will be money well spent.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67354 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
MMM

There is no need for travel through JNB to be a nightmare. As Saeed suggested book your travel through a travel agent that deals with Africa and traveling with guns. Also do enlist the services of a meet/greet/gun permit service and your transit through JNB will be seamless. I recommend Gracy Travel as they not only do your travel arrangements but handle your RSA gun permit applications in house and offer meet/greet in JNB. They can arrange for someone to be with you from the time you leave the jetway to provide whatever assistance you need.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12917 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote